Taking Breaks

• Flooooky
      Good morning,

I have noticed I have been deteriorating after about 2k-3k zoom hands, which answers my own question of when I should be taking a break; but what do you guys do? Do you plan your session out before it starts or do you just play until you feel you are slipping?

• 3 replies
    • Rihard4a
      Taking breaks every hour works for me. Not long breaks, something like 5-10 minutes. Look at some hands played, analyze them, post them somewhere, ship some expert on skype :f_biggrin: and then back to the game. :)
    • DrDunne

I think it just depends on how you work really. I tend to take breaks depending on how the session is going and how I'm feeling. If I feel like I'm about to tilt then I try to quit, but that doesn't always work :P Also if I make some stupid overambitious spew then I start questioning whether I should continue and consider stopping the session. And on top of that I try to have my stoploss of ~3BI or so.

If you are more regimented with your game in that you play for a solid period of time then I'd say around the 45-50 minute mark would be a good time to take a short break of 10-15 mins. Get up, walk around, grab a snack etc.

Really depends on your style I think, everyone is different. Sounds like you've figured out the point where you need to take a break which is good.

• SPeedFANat1c
      I do play 1 hour, take 10 mins break, then post at least one hand, take notes of marked hands on oponents, then take 5 min break and then again play.