GTO ranges?

• mkjmkjmkj
      to the players that use GTO how do you construct your ranges?
      do you start from the river (since its easier to solve the river) and then work backwards to turn flop and preflop or how do you do it.

i want to be more sure on my own ranges but im not sure how to do it or where to start.
      so i feel pretty clueless.

just an example on how the workflow would make sense in my head.
      make a list of hands you would consider reasonable valuehands on the river and the work backwards.

lets say villain bets pot on the river and you can unexploitable fold a set.
      then i should most likely come to the river with more hands by betting or calling more hands on the turn so that i can not unexploitable fold a set on the river.
      and when you have adjusted the turn then adjust flop and then adjust preflop.

i have no idea if it makes any sense.

a sitenote to the question i only play nl50 so i dont know if it makes sense to incoperate GTO into my game? I just feel it would be nice to have a starting point to adjust from.
  • 1 reply
    • getdotacom
      You really can't go backwards from the river because there are too many possible rivers and u can't solve for all of them, unless maybe you somehow can simulate it. Take a guess preflop, then do the math for some random runnouts and you will see which hands you end up calling down with etc. Then you can adjust preflop ranges if u don't like calling down with 2nd pair in some cases or whatever you don't like.