Multitabling

• Rowkilla
      Rowkilla
      Bronze
      How do you guys multitable? I read alot of comments people saying they play 12, 16, 20 tables, how do they do it?
      Right now I have a 19'' monitor with 1440x900 resolution and i can fit at most 9 tables, how can I fit any more tables and still make them "readable"?
      I dont like tables over other tables, i like to see all the cards on all the tables.

This is my current setup

Also I have only tried Titan poker, do other poker sites allow smaller windows?
  • 24 replies
    • NRGBlaze
      NRGBlaze
      Bronze
      on Mansion you can use mini tables and you can fit many more, but I do not multitable that much
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      2 or more screens is the answer. ;)
    • Puciek
      Puciek
      Bronze
      When i multi like 15+ sss, i don't bother to see them at all. When it's my turn it will pop on top and i will play it. It's simpel as it is because sss doesnt playa according to read whatsoever and is still profitable.
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      with cascading
      on the bid sites, aka Stars and Tilt it is very easy
      but you must get used to it
      I totally suck on cascaded windows at first.
      P.S. I play normal windows now
      I just used cascading option for SNG's
    • Rowkilla
      Rowkilla
      Bronze
      Thanks for the replies!

Wish I could afford 2 screens lol :(
      Ill try to have them overlapping on cascade even if I don't like it and see if I can still make some profit .
    • Velak
      Velak
      Bronze
      LOL I just made a post about this a couple of mins ago.

I stack my tables, so I don't have a bunch of tiny tables to look at. I don't have to keep moving my mouse and eyes all around the screen. I don't have to barely move my mouse at all. I play SSS so mostly my mouse stays in the same spot.. FOLD.. FOLD... FOLD...

Also, I figure later, when I have to play on a laptop (say during offtime if there is any while I'm at the Olympics =) then it's easy to do on a laptop with a smaller screen than I'm used to. I can see full sized tables, all the time.

I just wrote another post with more details, if anyone cares.
    • Rowkilla
      Rowkilla
      Bronze
      Wow thanks alot! Having them all on the same place is awesome, I love it!
    • MrSvingKing
      MrSvingKing
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Velak

I stack my tables, so I don't have a bunch of tiny tables to look at. I don't have to keep moving my mouse and eyes all around the screen. I don't have to barely move my mouse at all. I play SSS so mostly my mouse stays in the same spot.. FOLD.. FOLD... FOLD...

Also, I figure later, when I have to play on a laptop (say during offtime if there is any while I'm at the Olympics =) then it's easy to do on a laptop with a smaller screen than I'm used to. I can see full sized tables, all the time.

Totally agree - its the only way to do it. And it works........ :P
    • Termi8r
      Termi8r
      Bronze
      I tried the cascading and it works nicely. It is just the reloading that is a really a pain. Can't get the stars reloader ahk script to work :( and sometimes the urgent table script gets stuck and I time out on some tables...after raising with AA...

I prefer thus to see all the tables and might invest into a second screen rather.

Any help with the reloading issue would be nice as I prefere to play with a full stack of 15-20bb rather than pushing wider with a shorter short stack.
    • miskokvo
      miskokvo
      Bronze
      im playing 8 tables now .... i tried 12but it was little funky at my notbook monitor :D so i decided to play 8tables.... im thinking of buying new pc with 2 montiros from winnings but my main goal is to buy a car and im right now at half way to acomplish it
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by Termi8r
      Any help with the reloading issue would be nice as I prefere to play with a full stack of 15-20bb rather than pushing wider with a shorter short stack.
      Stars will implement auto-rebuy feature this month (probably in few days) ;)
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      i'm triying 12 tables sss on full tilt and it's working on my (small) screen since i don't need to be moving my eyes all over the place. i'm sure i could be doing 16, but i would have to turn off msn :P
    • Ruleza
      Ruleza
      Bronze
      Been 16 tabling on FTP quite a lot for the past days, works very good, just cascade them ( i got a 22'' monitor).
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze

Thank you very much Velak for this little gem.

I edited the code so it suits my laptop screen better and i have just be trying it out for the past hour and, although it takes a bit of getting used to, it really is better than looking at mini tiled tables and the pop out feature is excellant.

Also, if you dont mind Velak, would you be able to post me the additions you made to the Stars Auto Reloader script so that it works for SSS, i.e reload at 15BB back to 20BB please.
    • Velak
      Velak
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBu11d0g
      Thank you very much Velak for this little gem.

I edited the code so it suits my laptop screen better and i have just be trying it out for the past hour and, although it takes a bit of getting used to, it really is better than looking at mini tiled tables and the pop out feature is excellent.
      I agree, it takes some getting used to, however for those people who want to play more than.. I'd guess around 9 tables or so, with only one monitor.. for me, there's not a better way. You get full table size, less mouse movement, less eye movement, and for me, it's easier to focus on the one table.

Also, as I mentioned, I expect to be have to be playing from a laptop at some point, and it would drive me insane trying to to play tiled or cascaded, on a laptop, so I needed to find a way that worked well for me. It won't be the best for everyone though, but if it works for you, I'm happy to have helped you improve the experience. Once you get used to it, I can't imagine going back to tiled, and I never liked cascaded.

Also, if you dont mind Velak, would you be able to post me the additions you made to the Stars Auto Reloader script so that it works for SSS, i.e reload at 15BB back to 20BB please.
      I would.. however, as I posted here that script is about to become obsolete. When you get the new auto-reload feature from Stars, you won't have any need for it any more. It's in beta now, and should be available to everyone within the next few weeks.

Just hang on a bit more and you'll be in auto-reload heaven. :D
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      I would.. however, as I posted here that script is about to become obsolete. When you get the new auto-reload feature from Stars, you won't have any need for it any more. It's in beta now, and should be available to everyone within the next few weeks.
      I knew it was due for release some in October and it will be a much needed upgrade especially for us SSSers but i was just hoping to use that script till it comes out especially now im gonna be playing with stacked tables from now on, and it'll be one less thing to worry about while getting totally used to the stacked play :D
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      I've hooked up my projector to my computer in side-by-side mode with my monitor. Lets just say I cant keep up with the number of tables I can put on my wall :D
    • Velak
      Velak
      Bronze
      I knew it was due for release some in October and it will be a much needed upgrade especially for us SSSers but i was just hoping to use that script till it comes out especially now im gonna be playing with stacked tables from now on, and it'll be one less thing to worry about while getting totally used to the stacked play :D
      This forum seriously needs a feature like 2+2 where you are automatically subscribed to posts you respond to, to make it easy to keep up with followups, or new postings in the thread. sigh.

Or a PM system (like 2+2!).

Anyway, it's officially no longer needed. Update your Stars client. :D
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hi ya Velak,

Thanks for your reply. I've just updated the client and the feature is now available. Thank you very much for all your help with this matter.

Regards,

Bulldog