[NL2-NL10] NL100 AQs

• Gerv
      Known players:

0,5/1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q:spade: , A:spade:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $4,00, 3 folds, BU raises to $14,00, 2 folds, Hero?

Can I give him a Late Position boost of +50% so his PFR is around 13 á 14? According to the Adv. Chart I can push with AQs if PFR is 14 (Push nach reraise).

I think its marginal to push, stupid to call and weak to fold.
      AA: Big Dog
      KK: 33/67
      AK: 33/67
      QQ: 33/67
      AJ and lower: 67/33
      JJ and lower: 55/45

Any Thoughts how to perceive this?
  • 4 replies
    • davidangel
      How often do you play against this player? Does he have a read on you? You have a tight image that bigstackers sometimes like to exploit when they have position on you. He knows your ratio is 4:1 and should only continue with AK+ JJ+ and you are not in early position. BU stats are solid, nothing glaring that says he would RPF with a looser range just because of position, and even then 50% higher? Here I would rather look at 3-bet preflop and fold to 4-bet stats.
    • drachdudek
      good fold, his range is probably JJ,QQ,KK,AK,AA...
    • DeKuip
      As far as I experienced, these regulars don't do tricky stuff. So I'd give him AQ+, TT+ here and that's not something you want to risk your complete stack against.
      His stats just look solid and once again, these regulars normally now how to play, so I'd fold here.

You shouldn't give him a "LP-boost", but just look up his stats and determine his PFR per position. Not sure how useful that is, since his ORL is 21 and that also affects the PFR of course. But since it's no steal-situation here I don't think those LP-stats are that useful.
      And when in doubt, fold :) (wish it was that easy :D )
    • ysessa
      Hi Gerv,

I would just look at the potodds you get and then equilate if he can be this loose or not, the 2nd thing you should look if you are looser then basic strategy in mp, on nl100 most good opponents have stats and see your range. But to be honest i dont like calling with aqs here, maybe when you raise from mp3 where your range should be wider first in but you have a fold against 99+,AQ so easy muck safe the money.