[NL2-NL10] Nl50 P9 Steal

• 8 replies
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      Thats not a stealing hand, thats a playable hand! Open bet your regular line and fold to 3-bet if you dont like your ratio. In any case I prefer to steal-bet the same line as my standard bet.
      I am folding this one, you have a large ratio and barely any dead money in the pool. SB has a tight raising range and a loose calling range, why didn't he just flat call you?
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      Gerv, raise more preflop, in your case push preflop, opponent probably think that you are stealing, you have enough +EV to push in this case...
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by drachdudek
      Gerv, raise more preflop,
      First-in on BTN I always stealraise 3bb with normal and stealing hands.

in your case push preflop, opponent probably think that you are stealing, you have enough +EV to push in this case...
      Can you show my why it is +EV by a small calculation or something else?

Thanks
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      I think raising 3bb is just normal here, to make your steals cheaper. With no FBBTS stats from him I would just fold this one, you only invested 3BB here. And also with his 6 PFR, that's actually only a reason for not pushing.
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Originally posted by drachdudek
      Gerv, raise more preflop,
      First-in on BTN I always stealraise 3bb with normal and stealing hands.

in your case push preflop, opponent probably think that you are stealing, you have enough +EV to push in this case...
      Can you show my why it is +EV by a small calculation or something else?

Thanks
      I am sorry, i am not good in calculations, but my opinion why you have +EV is that with only 3BBBet you show weakness to the SB, with such move your EV is smaller as you would have if you would 4BBBet. I would put 3BBBet with hands like JJ+ to trap opponent....Look, this is only my opinion, but i am not poker expert and i am not looking to much at calculations and stats, but more on situations at the table, notes and intuition...
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      If you steal with 4BB and bet 3BB with your good hands, you'll become readable easily. Especially if you steal alot, you don't really want to call a resteal anyway, so 3BB makes it less expensive.
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      You are breaking even if you push and get called versus 88+,AQo+.
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      With no History I fold my pocket 9s here, in general its just normal to decrease the raising size from lateposition.