This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl50 P9 Steal

• 8 replies
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      Thats not a stealing hand, thats a playable hand! Open bet your regular line and fold to 3-bet if you dont like your ratio. In any case I prefer to steal-bet the same line as my standard bet.
      I am folding this one, you have a large ratio and barely any dead money in the pool. SB has a tight raising range and a loose calling range, why didn't he just flat call you?
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      Gerv, raise more preflop, in your case push preflop, opponent probably think that you are stealing, you have enough +EV to push in this case...
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by drachdudek
      Gerv, raise more preflop,
      First-in on BTN I always stealraise 3bb with normal and stealing hands.

in your case push preflop, opponent probably think that you are stealing, you have enough +EV to push in this case...
      Can you show my why it is +EV by a small calculation or something else?

Thanks
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      I think raising 3bb is just normal here, to make your steals cheaper. With no FBBTS stats from him I would just fold this one, you only invested 3BB here. And also with his 6 PFR, that's actually only a reason for not pushing.
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Originally posted by drachdudek
      Gerv, raise more preflop,
      First-in on BTN I always stealraise 3bb with normal and stealing hands.

in your case push preflop, opponent probably think that you are stealing, you have enough +EV to push in this case...
      Can you show my why it is +EV by a small calculation or something else?

Thanks
      I am sorry, i am not good in calculations, but my opinion why you have +EV is that with only 3BBBet you show weakness to the SB, with such move your EV is smaller as you would have if you would 4BBBet. I would put 3BBBet with hands like JJ+ to trap opponent....Look, this is only my opinion, but i am not poker expert and i am not looking to much at calculations and stats, but more on situations at the table, notes and intuition...
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      If you steal with 4BB and bet 3BB with your good hands, you'll become readable easily. Especially if you steal alot, you don't really want to call a resteal anyway, so 3BB makes it less expensive.
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      You are breaking even if you push and get called versus 88+,AQo+.
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      With no History I fold my pocket 9s here, in general its just normal to decrease the raising size from lateposition.