What level should I start SSS

• p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      I'm mainly an SNG player, never played SSS before n I want to try it out. My BR is ~$600 at the moment so I don't really want to play NL10, would NL25 be good for learning or what do you think would be the best level for me to start at? Any advice would be appreciated, thx :)
  • 11 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi P0kerQT,

If you are new to SSS, you might want to start at NL25 - this limit is used for its Beginners coachings as well. It's as fishy as NL10 but only with a bigger stack.

I only suggest that if you do not get a SSS thing, you should experiment on a lower limit.

From NL50, using HUD / Stats is somehow mandatory but I think you have to learn the basics first.

Good luck!

Gerv
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      Ok thx Gerv :) I'll reread all the articles first before starting to make sure it sticks in my head, it seems pretty straightforward.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by p0kerQT
      Ok thx Gerv :) I'll reread all the articles first before starting to make sure it sticks in my head, it seems pretty straightforward.
      No problem!, I can advice you to watch atleast 1 Silver/Bronze SSS Videos. These videos mostly explains the common dilemma's with SSS and I think most novices including me back in the days, got stuck ;)
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      Ok I will do.

I have a Q about 1 of the articles on how to play after the flop.. it says

"Draw:

You raised pre-flop:

You bet 2/3 of the pot.

If somebody else already bet or raises after you, you push all-in."

Does this include if you have a gutshot? For example say you raised with AJ n the flop comes up QT2. It's a pretty weak draw so I probably wouldn't, but it is a "draw"
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      due to my big sng downswing I've been playing sss nl25...

4k hands in two days with 30$ up lmao :)

but anywho you should be able to learn sss on nl25 it's such a simple strategy and if you stick to it you'll atleast not loose much money :) and on the long run you'll always win some :)

Nl10 is way more easier tho... someone said it was the same skill level thats not true... on nl10... No one respects your .40$ raise with $2 to back you up.. lol Your getting pushed around much more on nl10 and thats good since when your playing sss most of the time you get the best hand :)

on nl25 I see that most of the big stack players are scared of me as a shortstacker and don't really wanna face me if they aint got some real hands... My most profitable oponents on the nl25 seem to be the shortstackers that don't really know what they're doing pushing 44's into my

you should be good with nl25 tho...
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Also if your a full tilt player you should start with nl25 since NL10 is double rake... paying 10% of every pot you win to full tilt... That makes a really big difference with the sss...

So nl25 it is for you :D
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      it seems to be goin fine so far, hit a couple of hands n I'm up ~$9 so far after 140 hands :)
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      it seems to be goin fine so far, hit a couple of hands n I'm up ~$9 so far after 140 hands :)
      lol nice :)

I was up 9$ in 2.5k hands today... Untill I somehow manage to find my self trying to play bss....

lol I'm dumb :(

Edit: also your running some software right? elephant?

I can't imagine grinding sss style without having elephant...
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      I'm not using any software at the moment, I had PokerTracker3 on my PC, but my PC broke so I'm playin on someone elses now. I think I'll be ok for now without software as I'm only playing premium hands, so not to worry too much about opponents, just trying to get my money in with the best hand.
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      I'm not using any software at the moment, I had PokerTracker3 on my PC, but my PC broke so I'm playin on someone elses now. I think I'll be ok for now without software as I'm only playing premium hands, so not to worry too much about opponents, just trying to get my money in with the best hand.
      I don't really care about hud's too much while playing sss it's just the fact to keep up with your winnings :)

how many bb/100 your winning and how many hands you've played the last hour and stuff like that..
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      Ok I will do.

I have a Q about 1 of the articles on how to play after the flop.. it says

"Draw:

You raised pre-flop:

You bet 2/3 of the pot.

If somebody else already bet or raises after you, you push all-in."

Does this include if you have a gutshot? For example say you raised with AJ n the flop comes up QT2. It's a pretty weak draw so I probably wouldn't, but it is a "draw"
      according to SSS strategy articles the only playable draws are OESD and flushdraw