This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

200 Bank Roll

• philiveyfan
      philiveyfan
      Bronze
      I now have a 200 dollar bankroll my question to everyone is what is the best way I can turn this 200 to 20k lol. I really want my dreams to come true and just be a rich poker player just like everyone else, what sng should I be playing. I really learned my lesson about bankroll management and now I want to know is first what levels of buy ins should i be playing and what is the best way I can earn lots of money. I'm usually a Omaha player but can play holdem as well. I would love to hear some success stories about how you turned your little money to lots?
  • 8 replies
    • legand73
      legand73
      Bronze
      Hey philiveyfan

Is there a specific reason you opened this thread in the blog section?
      I just moved this to beginner's questions you'll probably get more suitable exposure here. If you want me to move it back by all means just say so.

I don't know if there are any fast tracks to getting rich aside from binking a few tourneys here and there but we can't really be relying on good variance to help us make it big. I reckon just keep working on your game and use some of your bankroll to buy coaching
    • manosellas
      manosellas
      Bronze
      Originally posted by legand73
      Hey philiveyfan

Is there a specific reason you opened this thread in the blog section?
      I just moved this to beginner's questions you'll probably get more suitable exposure here. If you want me to move it back by all means just say so.

I don't know if there are any fast tracks to getting rich aside from binking a few tourneys here and there but we can't really be relying on good variance to help us make it big. I reckon just keep working on your game and use some of your bankroll to buy coaching
      :D 200$ not easy up the high level :baby:
    • tonduluboy
      tonduluboy
      Bronze
      whAT IS your starting BR?

$200 is not much... keep playing on your table.
    • Woofex
      Woofex
      Bronze
      Hi i started my poker career with 100$ and turned them into almost 20k$ profit after about 14 months of hard grind,it's not much i guess,i believe next year will be much better for me,so anyway i started at 1$ 90man's then like couple weeks later when my BR was about 250$ or so i took a shot to 2.5$ 180man's and stayed i those way too long i can say.... :f_cry: ,because in sunday's i was playing a lot of mtt's loosing money not using BR management right...At the moment i'm playing 3.5rebuy's and 8$ 180man's and soon gonna take some shots to 15$,so i suggest that you start building your BR at 180man's, 2.5$ are so easy to beat, i think all basic info you can find at here at pokerstrategy.com. best of luck for you,and i guess see you at the tables some time soon. :f_cool: P.S. sorry for my english
      And by the way just saw that you have 300 posts so you can ask for stake/coach here ( i wish i could :f_biggrin: ) so learn basics,get sample at 2.5$,then try to get some stake/coach and you will move up limits fast,YOU JUST NEED TO WORK HARD.
    • Jafreiteris
      Jafreiteris
      Bronze
      As for every story where 100 bucks became more than a 100k in a few days (without playing MTT) there are 100 stories where 100k became 6 dollars in few hours...
    • wilmont
      wilmont
      Basic
      Originally posted by Jafreiteris
      As for every story where 100 bucks became more than a 100k in a few days (without playing MTT) there are 100 stories where 100k became 6 dollars in few hours...

LOL! How did you know about my first deposit at PStars?? :)

• RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Woofex
      Hi i started my poker career with 100$ and turned them into almost 20k$ profit after about 14 months of hard grind,it's not much i guess,i believe next year will be much better for me,so anyway i started at 1$ 90man's then like couple weeks later when my BR was about 250$ or so i took a shot to 2.5$ 180man's and stayed i those way too long i can say.... :f_cry: ,because in sunday's i was playing a lot of mtt's loosing money not using BR management right...At the moment i'm playing 3.5rebuy's and 8$ 180man's and soon gonna take some shots to 15$,so i suggest that you start building your BR at 180man's, 2.5$ are so easy to beat, i think all basic info you can find at here at pokerstrategy.com. best of luck for you,and i guess see you at the tables some time soon. :f_cool: P.S. sorry for my english
      And by the way just saw that you have 300 posts so you can ask for stake/coach here ( i wish i could :f_biggrin: ) so learn basics,get sample at 2.5$,then try to get some stake/coach and you will move up limits fast,YOU JUST NEED TO WORK HARD.
      This sounds very solid imo! I play cash only, but I think 100BI BRM for SnG's should be cool?

Regards

RasTweet
    • jacknash98
      jacknash98
      Bronze
      Originally posted by philiveyfan
      I now have a 200 dollar bankroll my question to everyone is what is the best way I can turn this 200 to 20k lol. I really want my dreams to come true and just be a rich poker player just like everyone else, what sng should I be playing. I really learned my lesson about bankroll management and now I want to know is first what levels of buy ins should i be playing and what is the best way I can earn lots of money. I'm usually a Omaha player but can play holdem as well. I would love to hear some success stories about how you turned your little money to lots?
      A job > poker

keep poker as a hobby to enjoy, its difficult to make a lot of money off it.