200 Bank Roll

• philiveyfan
      philiveyfan
      Bronze
      I now have a 200 dollar bankroll my question to everyone is what is the best way I can turn this 200 to 20k lol. I really want my dreams to come true and just be a rich poker player just like everyone else, what sng should I be playing. I really learned my lesson about bankroll management and now I want to know is first what levels of buy ins should i be playing and what is the best way I can earn lots of money. I'm usually a Omaha player but can play holdem as well. I would love to hear some success stories about how you turned your little money to lots?
  • 8 replies
    • legand73
      legand73
      Bronze
      Hey philiveyfan

Is there a specific reason you opened this thread in the blog section?
      I just moved this to beginner's questions you'll probably get more suitable exposure here. If you want me to move it back by all means just say so.

I don't know if there are any fast tracks to getting rich aside from binking a few tourneys here and there but we can't really be relying on good variance to help us make it big. I reckon just keep working on your game and use some of your bankroll to buy coaching
    • manosellas
      manosellas
      Bronze
      Originally posted by legand73
      Hey philiveyfan

Is there a specific reason you opened this thread in the blog section?
      I just moved this to beginner's questions you'll probably get more suitable exposure here. If you want me to move it back by all means just say so.

I don't know if there are any fast tracks to getting rich aside from binking a few tourneys here and there but we can't really be relying on good variance to help us make it big. I reckon just keep working on your game and use some of your bankroll to buy coaching
      :D 200$ not easy up the high level :baby:
    • tonduluboy
      tonduluboy
      Bronze
      whAT IS your starting BR?

$200 is not much... keep playing on your table.
    • Woofex
      Woofex
      Gold
      Hi i started my poker career with 100$ and turned them into almost 20k$ profit after about 14 months of hard grind,it's not much i guess,i believe next year will be much better for me,so anyway i started at 1$ 90man's then like couple weeks later when my BR was about 250$ or so i took a shot to 2.5$ 180man's and stayed i those way too long i can say.... :f_cry: ,because in sunday's i was playing a lot of mtt's loosing money not using BR management right...At the moment i'm playing 3.5rebuy's and 8$ 180man's and soon gonna take some shots to 15$,so i suggest that you start building your BR at 180man's, 2.5$ are so easy to beat, i think all basic info you can find at here at pokerstrategy.com. best of luck for you,and i guess see you at the tables some time soon. :f_cool: P.S. sorry for my english
      And by the way just saw that you have 300 posts so you can ask for stake/coach here ( i wish i could :f_biggrin: ) so learn basics,get sample at 2.5$,then try to get some stake/coach and you will move up limits fast,YOU JUST NEED TO WORK HARD.
    • Jafreiteris
      Jafreiteris
      Bronze
      As for every story where 100 bucks became more than a 100k in a few days (without playing MTT) there are 100 stories where 100k became 6 dollars in few hours...
    • wilmont
      wilmont
      Basic
      Originally posted by Jafreiteris
      As for every story where 100 bucks became more than a 100k in a few days (without playing MTT) there are 100 stories where 100k became 6 dollars in few hours...

LOL! How did you know about my first deposit at PStars?? :)

• RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Woofex
      Hi i started my poker career with 100$ and turned them into almost 20k$ profit after about 14 months of hard grind,it's not much i guess,i believe next year will be much better for me,so anyway i started at 1$ 90man's then like couple weeks later when my BR was about 250$ or so i took a shot to 2.5$ 180man's and stayed i those way too long i can say.... :f_cry: ,because in sunday's i was playing a lot of mtt's loosing money not using BR management right...At the moment i'm playing 3.5rebuy's and 8$ 180man's and soon gonna take some shots to 15$,so i suggest that you start building your BR at 180man's, 2.5$ are so easy to beat, i think all basic info you can find at here at pokerstrategy.com. best of luck for you,and i guess see you at the tables some time soon. :f_cool: P.S. sorry for my english
      And by the way just saw that you have 300 posts so you can ask for stake/coach here ( i wish i could :f_biggrin: ) so learn basics,get sample at 2.5$,then try to get some stake/coach and you will move up limits fast,YOU JUST NEED TO WORK HARD.
      This sounds very solid imo! I play cash only, but I think 100BI BRM for SnG's should be cool?

Regards

RasTweet
    • jacknash98
      jacknash98
      Bronze
      Originally posted by philiveyfan
      I now have a 200 dollar bankroll my question to everyone is what is the best way I can turn this 200 to 20k lol. I really want my dreams to come true and just be a rich poker player just like everyone else, what sng should I be playing. I really learned my lesson about bankroll management and now I want to know is first what levels of buy ins should i be playing and what is the best way I can earn lots of money. I'm usually a Omaha player but can play holdem as well. I would love to hear some success stories about how you turned your little money to lots?
      A job > poker

keep poker as a hobby to enjoy, its difficult to make a lot of money off it.