Anyone currently beating zone poker on bovada?

• 3 replies
    • ThatGuyMatt
      Hey Drwaddy,

We don't have "Zone Poker" here so I'm not sure what you mean by "practically blind poker" ? Do you mean Anonymous Tables where you can't see villains names?
    • Drwaddy
      That's correct, I'm not sure who has exposure to what, I just know as U.S. player bovada is one of my only options and it's completely anonymous. You can't use a hud at all, and you can't take notes on people. Every time you fold you're moved to a new table.

I am attempting to play it similar to Rush poker back from Full Tilt before black friday. But, I'm finding the players are much much more apt to be calling stations. So, it's pointless to c-bet when you miss and there are almost 0 bluffing possibilities.

Instead I'm 3-betting lighter, with things like AJo and JTs as my bluffs. I'm also not raising my pocket pairs, as I'm not going to win post flop the 6 out of 7 times I don't hit a set as the villain will not fold to a cbet and will call down with middle pair. I'm also not calling a 3bet with them even though we're deep stacked as villains will not pay off a set if they don't hit their flush / straight / or don't have at least two of a kind.

By and large it seems like just a hardcore nit roll, but using that strat I'm barely up 4$ after 2 weeks of play, I am playing .02/.05 but still the swings are crazy. I was up over 40$ my first week, down over 20$ my second, and now I've just barely managed to break even.

I was wondering if my logic seems good or if I should be making a different approach.
    • ProfitsofDoom
      Not sure if you are using it or not, but check out Bovada HH Converter. It lets you import your Bovada hands into PT or HM. You can see all hole cards on Bovada, so might help with figuring out ranges @ Zone.