Let's continue the journey in 2016! [Playing NL100-NL200]

• MJQuads
      MJQuads
      Bronze
      Hi guys!

Name is Jaka, I'm 25, from Slovenia! I've been a member of this community for quite a while now, been more or less active, but never had my own blog. Until today! :)

I have been playing poker for many years (don't actually remember the exact time :rolleyes: ), by played more seriously at FTP on Rush tables in a year-and-a-half period before Black Friday. Last year I have focused on playing FR Zoom games, where I have achieved moderate success. I managed to beat NL50 and there came a problem. NL100 FR ZOOM was not running on a regular basis, which meant I had limited way to move further.

I have therefore decided it's time for me to move to SH. Things went really well, really quick, but then went bad in the same amount in a short period. I then realized I had a big hot run and my knowledge of SH and overall game was very poor. Here is a graph of my NL50 SH adventure:

I then decided to get back to FR, but after almost settling in at SH, I found FR games....wel....boring :D I knew I would have to make another shot at SH soon, and then I saw BrokeSoBroke offer a profit-sharing deal, which insta got my attention.

I have turned to Hai couple of times in a request for coaching. I almost booked it once or twice, but there was always problem with my BR and was therefore a bit hesitant (never thought it was not worth it; FOR GOD SAKE, LOOK AT THE RESULTS OF HIS STUDENTS!!!! :baby: ). Anyway, with the profit-share deal I got an opportunity to get coached by BrokeSoBroke and actually not lose a big chunk of my BR.

I contacted him on Skype (again :P ) and we pretty quickly and easilly come to an agreement, and here I am!

We have a 13-month deal, I will start slowly with NL25 SH ZOOM and hopefully will be PWNING by the end of 2014! :D

I had the intention of making a blog here on PS.com for a long long time, but never actually took time to make it. Now that I'm starting a new "era" of my poker career I think it is appropriate to share it with the community and hopefully I will also benefit from it! I intend to share as much as possible here, will be sharing graphs, hands, my thoughts and of course as much non-poker related fun stuff as possible!

You are all welcome to take part in this "journey", I'd be more than happy to get advice from you guys on whatever I'll need advice on (most probably poker strategy, I'd assume :P ).

I guess that is it for now, I hope we can make 2014 a year full of PWNING and MONIEZ with BrokeSoBroke! :D

UPDATE: A few more words about me in a non-poker related way:

As I said, name is Jaka, I turned 25 about 3 months ago (9th of September) and I was born and currently still live in Slovenia! I have been playing poker on and off for a few years now, but for about 2 years in a more serious matter (with moderate success).
      I am studying Defence Studies at university (actually, I should be finished about a year ago, but still have 3 exams and a diploma to finish; getting there! :) ).

I have a girlfriend for 4 and a half years and we have recently moved in together in our new appartment (I might post some pics of the appartment/my poker setup in the future ;) ).

I really like to do sports, though nothing on a professional level. I love Tricking and Parkour, though I have set them aside a bit recently (planning on doing it more actively next summer!). I always loved football, basketball, volleyball but was always more attracted to unconventional (and maybe more individualistic) forms of sport activity, and maybe that's why I love those two things.

I also like running, playing badminton and shit like that :P It's winter now so it's cold and shitty now, so currently I am doing Insanity workout program (done it once already last winter), just to keep in shape and to make sure I am active on a daily basis! ;)

I have some old pictures of us doing some funny stuff (more huge jumps, tricks, etc etc.) and hopefully will be making new ones in the future, so I'll make sure I'll post some here from time to time!

I'll finish it off with this segment of my life atm and will update in the future with more interesting things that sum up my life! :) :spade:

Kind Regards,

MJQ.
  • 28 replies
    • ZhiCheng
      ZhiCheng
      Bronze
      wohooohooh!!!

Welcome to the TEAM BsB! :D
      Damn, there will be no money left for other ppl when we will be taking it all :D

GL!
    • TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      Finally ... GL! :f_grin:
    • dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      Following :)
      Another student of BsB here! Looking forward to some updates :f_cool:
    • BrokesoBroke
      BrokesoBroke
      Black
      Wow, the happy Broke Family. :)

Welcome aboard! I'm glad I can have you as a student! I know you've been asking for a long time for a chance to work with me.

Now on to task 1. Brainwash him and get rid of this thing called FR-nit syndrome. :)

BrokeSoBroke
    • MJQuads
      MJQuads
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ZhiCheng
      wohooohooh!!!

Welcome to the TEAM BsB! :D
      Damn, there will be no money left for other ppl when we will be taking it all :D

GL!
      Hah, there will be no moniez left when u finish with the limit you are at as I could see in your blog :D :D :D Thanks though, hopefully we'll be working together in near future ;)

Originally posted by TetraQuark
      Finally ... GL! :f_grin:
      Yeah, I know right? :)

Originally posted by dannywratten
      Following :)
      Another student of BsB here! Looking forward to some updates :f_cool:
      Oh nice to see you, thanks for kind words!

Originally posted by BrokesoBroke
      Wow, the happy Broke Family. :)

Welcome aboard! I'm glad I can have you as a student! I know you've been asking for a long time for a chance to work with me.

Now on to task 1. Brainwash him and get rid of this thing called FR-nit syndrome. :)

BrokeSoBroke
      Thanks H.! I'm also glad I could join the team! :)

So, as BsB said, it will be most important to get brainwashed and grt rid of my FR thinking as I belive it is a huge obstruction in playing SH! I have a lot of work to do already today, BsB does not want me to just sit around, 'cause we all know the money won't come by itself! :D
    • Shuttled
      Shuttled
      Bronze
      Good luck mate :D will be following your blog!
    • MJQuads
      MJQuads
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Shuttled
      Good luck mate :D will be following your blog!
      Thanks mate, I'm sure great things await me in the future, as long as I'll keep motivated, work hard and do my best all the time! :)

Well, we almost just started and yet BsB has given me a lot of work to do. I have a lot of things I have to learn, but it's really hard and -EV if I would be 3-4 tabling as usual. So these days I'm 1-tabling (like a PRO :D ) and really getting familiar with all the new stuff. Hopefully I will add more tables asap!

Really can't express how excited I am atm about all this coaching with BsB thing, I know BsB will give me everything that is necessary for me to improve a ton, and now it's up to me to follow up and do my best! :heart:

Since I have no decent sample yet (and therefore no graph to post), I decided I'mm update my first post a bit and tell you guys more about my non-poker related stuff!

Have fun 'till next time and GL at the tables! :spade:
    • highyeah
      highyeah
      Bronze
      Your blog seems cool mate ! Gl on the tables

BTW can you pm me for more information about how to get such a deal with BsB
      Ty
    • MJQuads
      MJQuads
      Bronze
      Hey guys, long time no hear!

highyeah: I added u in the community tool, so I'll be able to send you the contact info. But if u search forums a bit, you'll easilly find his topics. Here is his topic: SNE no more... Coaching times are going to open up! ;) Contact me.

Anyway, it's christmas & new year's time, so naturally haven't had to much time to grind X( We did some hand reviews together which were great, and I managed to play a bit so I was able to record myself playing so BsB will review the game (can't wait for the next session!).

I will soon start posting some graph, since I have been now playing 2 tables and it goes a bit faster. As for the progress, it went super good, then hit some bumps on the road, but the winrate is still great, but as I said, volume is super bad, so I'll wait a bit more until I post some graphs!

So, for now I wish all you guys a merry christmas and a happy new year; let 2014 be full of success and happiness! Hopefully we'll be writting history in 2014 right?!!! :P :heart: :heart: :heart:

Kind Regards,
      MJQ.
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Oh we will be writing history, don't you worry! :f_biggrin:

[x] obv following
    • MJQuads
      MJQuads
      Bronze
      Hey hey folks!

I am very sorry I haven't updated my blog in a while, I just had a lot of things on my mind, will try to get better ASAP! :evil:

Things are going great. In december I was only 1 and 2-tabling NL25 ZOOM, since there was a lot of things to learn/adjust to (yeah, BsB gave me a lot of things to work on right off the bat! :) ). This are the hands I played on NL25:

There is a bit of NL50 hands in there, which I played in the last few days of my grind in December. Overall I was really satisfied, my game hasn't changed all that much (well obviously it has), it's just BsB makes you think really good at all the spots where you usually just fold and therefore really improve your red line!

I have already started playing NL50 this month (since this was my standard limit before the coaching!). It is going alright, I have already managed to play a few session of 4 tables. It's tough, playing a lot faster, missing a lot of spots but I think I can get used to it in a while and start playing really well also while 4-tabling.

That's it for now, I'll make sure to post some more graphs in the near future. Will also make sure I keep you entertained with more random non-poker relate pictures! ;)

GL everyone in 2014 and let the grinds commence!
    • dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      nice progress sir!
      Seen you on the NL50 tables over the last few days :)
      GL crushing 2014!
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Congrats sir!

Saw you at the tables a couple times yesterday and today too, so let's see who will crush the most :s_evil:

gl, please keep up the nice results!
    • MJQuads
      MJQuads
      Bronze
      Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup people!!!!!! :)

Damn, it'a all dusty in here, need to clean this place up a bit! :P Waaa, it's really been almost half a year since I wrote in my blog, silly me!

Well, I'm still alive and still working with BsB! The thing is, in February+March I had to take time off of poker, because I still had a few exams to make so I could finish university!

I came back in april, and been since then working onwards with BsB in my quest to beat the SH games!

I have started again by playing NL25 so the progress was a bit slow. In May I finally (FINALLY!!!!) got back to NL50, and have been there since. Things are progressing really good and I can't wait to take NL100 shots! Graph for May:

So yeah, really pleased with the results! Non SD line was going down slowly but steadilly, mainly due to me getting back to 4-tabling. But I focused on it a bit in the last 15k hands and it travelled pretty much in a straight line. Will have plenty of time to work on that (Non SD line it's not that important, what matters is the green line!!! But by working on my Non SD line I just mean trying to find spots where I give up too quickly, autopilot too much or otherwise not play them optimally!).

I'm sorry for keeping you in the dark for so long guys, I promise I will be updating this blog regurarly from now on, motivation is super high and working with BsB is awesome, I finally feel I'm getting a good grasp on the SH games!

That will be all for now, don't want to make to long of a posts, because a shitton of words is boring when you don't have that much to say :D So have fun, GL at the tables and speak to you guys soon!

Regards,
      MJQ.
    • MJQuads
      MJQuads
      Bronze
      Hey guys!

Things are going fine, we are playing as usual. Stars are eating away my profit a bit, but can't really care, the important thing is to focus on the game as much as possible! Month so far:

The redline is again going downwards a bit, but I'm not that much concern about that, as there is many other leaks I can work on! We just had a coaching session yesterday with BsB and we worked a bit on the BBvsSB play so my focus in the next few sessions will be about playing in the blinds.

In the coming days we will also probably take a shot at NL100, which I'm really looking forward for, since I never really settled as a NL100 player (not even back when I was playing FR!).

Will definitely keep you updated about everything, feel super excited about everything and am really happy since I really feel my knowledge of the game is moving in the right direction since I made this deal with Hai ;)

P.S.: Went on a little cycling trip with my GF on weekend (42km, enough for us two amateurs :D ) to see the spring of a river (it's called spring right? the place where the river comes out on the surface? :P ), the river that actually flows next to our appartment, and the scenes, well, they were "wallpaper" like ;)

Kind Regards,
      MJQ.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Yes it is called a spring and congratulations on the exams, I know how much work they can be!
      As for the cycling, well, I think about 10km is quite enough for me these days thank you very much! :f_eek:

Work hard, run good, but have fun,

Mal.
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Dat May graph! :megusta:

Congrats on the good results and the exams, keep it up man!
    • MJQuads
      MJQuads
      Bronze
      Morning guys :)

gadget51: thanks man, it's always nice to improve your english while doing some other stuff.

TinoLaan: heeeeeeeeeeei Tino! How's it going? Haha, yeah sun runner last 10k hands :D But yeah, doing my best in every aspect of my life!

@Poker: Things are going ok, have been grinding the last few days. Yesterday I had another 45min coaching session with Hai and we took a shot at NL100! (And just to let you know how AWESOME of a coach BsB is, he said we'd extended our coaching session for an undefined amount of time if we would be in the red @ nl100 after 45min haha :D ).

It went really good, we played 2 tables, discussed so many hands, and made like 3BI profit! It was really fun, and I noticed I still have a lot of things to learn (he sees so many things I tend to miss!).

Gonna post a hand or two and maybe a graph during the weekend!

Have fun guys,

Jkob.
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Doing great! Still trucking along on NL25 myself but I'll come after you soon enough, don't worry :D

Anyway, great to hear things are going so well man!