Never used hud before

• RedStarUltras
      Hey guys,i need some help!!!

I never used hud before,because it looks really confusing to me,i thought that it s really hard to read all those numbers while playing...I see now that every sucsesfull player use it so i would like to give it a try...

I have PT3...

I would be thankfull if someone can give me advice how to start with it....what stats to to use them profitably....just something basic for the start...

I play 3.5 and 7$ 6 max turbo SNGs, 10-14 tabling

• 8 replies
    • Lazza61
      Hey RedStarUltras,

It depends on the info you would like to know about your opponents in game. For example, some people would find fold3bet useful. Others would want to know how often their opponents defend their blinds etc.

It really does come down to personal preference I feel.

• mktpppr
      imo use the default pop-ups for detailed stats (eg postflop, positional) and only show the following on your HUD:
      1. number of hands
      2. VPIP
      3. PFR
      4. preflop 3-bet
      5. stack size (number of bb)

imo you can even just have first 3

if you want more detail add steal, fold to steal, c-bet and fold to c-bet
    • Ramble
      Starting out with a HUD less is more... you don't want to overwhelm yourself.

I play micro-stakes 9-man SnG's and have only been using a HUD for a couple of months and this is what I have:

I tried adding some 3-bet and c-bet stats a few weeks ago but got rid of them after one session as I was a bit overwhelmed... maybe I'll try again in a month or two...
    • dogma18
      My hud for 6max turbos was along the lines of:

Hands/Aggression Factor

Cbet/Fold to Cbet
      3bet/Resteal/Fold vs Resteal
      Small Blind limp/Small blind steal

I also coloured stats based on what i thought was tight/loose. for example thoses players with less than 18 vpip in 6 max meant the stat appeared as red on my hud. From 18-27.5 it appeared white for medium vpip and for above 27.5 loose vpip it appeared green.

The hud was the best thing to happen to my poker game and you need it if you ever want to move up.
    • ThatGuyMatt
      Hey RedStarUltras.

I've just had a qiuck look through our Videos and can't see anything for PokerTracker 3, maybe you'll have have better luck checking it out.

I did manage to find 20 videos searching "PokerTracker" through. These are for PokerTracker 4 but they will still give you some useful information that can be adapted for PokcerTracker 3. You could also try the same with HoldemManager as we have a lot of videos for that too.

Try searching "HUD" too, that also gets some nice results, just pick out the ones you think will help you out the most :)
    • reggie123

Player name, VP, PR, number of hands
      Fold to 3bet, 3bet, fold to cbet, cbet,afq
      Steal, Fold to steal, bb/100 (i play cash)
      It means that this player is good, he is agressiv, steals a lot and does not give up easy if there's 3bet but he allso cbets only 29% of time and folds 71% time his blinds against steal-he does not like to play oop and plays way to value hevy.
    • fitzinator18
      if you have too many stats to begin with it will be too overwhelming and you'll be in a spot where you never look at your hud anyway. I would advise starting with VPIP and PFR only. then expand outwards once you understand those.
    • RedStarUltras
      Thanks for your replies,you helped me a lot