$25,00
      MP3:
      $22,15
      CO:
      $21,59
      BU:
      $25,85

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:spade: , K:spade:
      4 folds, SB raises to $1,00, Hero raises to $3,00, SB raises to $5,00, Hero calls $2,00.

Flop: ($10,00) 7:diamond: , T:heart: , A:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $4,75, SB raises to $9,50, Hero raises to $21,14 (All-In), SB raises to $19,01 (All-In).

Turn: ($50,15) 6:heart:
      River: ($50,15) K:diamond:

Final Pot: $50,15

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, aces and kings (As Ks)
      SB shows three of a kind, aces (Ah Ad)

SB wins with three of a kind, aces (Ah Ad)
  • 12 replies
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      I'd bet flop more and go all-in because I doubt that he has AA (you have A and board has A).

Edit: Oh, you posted the results... Don't do that :)
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      actually I was SOOO SURE that he has a MONSTER like AA/KK, but with the ace on the board I though that I will be split probably, but I swear how sure I was. I tryed to calculate the probability that he did have aces and the result was like 1:540, thats IMO pretty big chance that hes holding the aces, how is it with the probability?
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      I go broke there also the only hands you are behind to are AA which has only 1 combination and a very rare 1010.

The board is really dry so usually he will only have 2 or 3 outs to improve if he is behind so i like the small flop bet to bring along a non-believing pocket pair and with the size of the pot already it will be easy to get the money all in on later streets.
    • Philipvw
      Philipvw
      Bronze
      In a SB vs BB battle I tend to make my raises a bit larger. People might fold, which is good, or still decide to play to defend their blind with a weaker hand, which is again a good result as your are in position. I make it at least 3,5-4 preflop.

His minraise sucks, without info I call mostly. If he's the guy that goes crazy in a blind vs blind I sometimes push. He I would call, because villain seems to be tight.

His flop minraise sucks extremely hard. However, you can not fold. My rule of thumb is to almost always go broke in a 3-bet pot for 100BB. I might call the flop tough, and bet the turn AI, as villain is drawing thin if behind.
    • kaffeeteufel
      kaffeeteufel
      Bronze
      Vs. unknown I would reraise pre once more, with his stats I like the call. With the A on the flop you have to go broke here.
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      I'd call the reraise on flop here. The board is rainbow, unconnected, and many Ax kinda hands will fold on your 4bet. Of course I then shove on turn and the latest on that river, so you would have been broke anyways, but I think you get more value from weaker hands like this.

gen
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      You played that hand fine. Can´t really get away with tptk in 4-bet pot.
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Talic
      actually I was SOOO SURE that he has a MONSTER like AA/KK, but with the ace on the board I though that I will be split probably, but I swear how sure I was. I tryed to calculate the probability that he did have aces and the result was like 1:540, thats IMO pretty big chance that hes holding the aces, how is it with the probability?
      Hey Phil Hellmuth can also dodge bullets, Why I can not? The bad thing is that I have to c-bet flop for information (he could had KK) and that makes me comitted to his minraise
    • Philipvw
      Philipvw
      Bronze
      You play against a range of hands, not only against AA, because 'he must have AA this time'. No shame in going broke.
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Philipvw
      You play against a range of hands, not only against AA, because 'he must have AA this time'. No shame in going broke.
      Its allways the same you have a fish on your right, he raises, you re-raise, he min-re-raise.. they arent doing this with AK, with KK they only limp, but AA they play it this way. If I was deeper I would be even incline to c/c to river but 100BB just doesnt give me this choise.

No shame is for me set over set, full house vs. higher full house. Tje shame is that I had a strong read that he actually has the aces and just because its like 1:1000 chance I just ignored the possibility
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Phil Helmuth is not playing against unknowns.
      If you put him on AA or KK pf then check back on the turn. He has 1 out if he is behind and you are drawing dead if you´re behind.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      villain looks pretty tight to me. w$sd 100 should make you cautious too.
      He minreraised pf oop so he must have QQ+
      Then he min check raises you with an Axx rainbow flop. Neither QQ or KK would do this I think. This leaves AA.
      btw do you think he will go all in with anything worse than TPTK? He most surely puts you on an A here.
      That being said, I have no idea how to play this without going broke lol Maybe fold to min reraise pf?