This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Nl25 Ak

• Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $24,01
      Hero:
      $26,14
      MP2:
      $25,00
      MP3:
      $22,15
      CO:
      $21,59
      BU:
      $25,85

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:spade: , K:spade:
      4 folds, SB raises to $1,00, Hero raises to $3,00, SB raises to $5,00, Hero calls $2,00.

Flop: ($10,00) 7:diamond: , T:heart: , A:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $4,75, SB raises to $9,50, Hero raises to $21,14 (All-In), SB raises to $19,01 (All-In).

Turn: ($50,15) 6:heart:
      River: ($50,15) K:diamond:

Final Pot: $50,15

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, aces and kings (As Ks)
      SB shows three of a kind, aces (Ah Ad)

SB wins with three of a kind, aces (Ah Ad)
  • 12 replies
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      I'd bet flop more and go all-in because I doubt that he has AA (you have A and board has A).

Edit: Oh, you posted the results... Don't do that :)
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      actually I was SOOO SURE that he has a MONSTER like AA/KK, but with the ace on the board I though that I will be split probably, but I swear how sure I was. I tryed to calculate the probability that he did have aces and the result was like 1:540, thats IMO pretty big chance that hes holding the aces, how is it with the probability?
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      I go broke there also the only hands you are behind to are AA which has only 1 combination and a very rare 1010.

The board is really dry so usually he will only have 2 or 3 outs to improve if he is behind so i like the small flop bet to bring along a non-believing pocket pair and with the size of the pot already it will be easy to get the money all in on later streets.
    • Philipvw
      Philipvw
      Bronze
      In a SB vs BB battle I tend to make my raises a bit larger. People might fold, which is good, or still decide to play to defend their blind with a weaker hand, which is again a good result as your are in position. I make it at least 3,5-4 preflop.

His minraise sucks, without info I call mostly. If he's the guy that goes crazy in a blind vs blind I sometimes push. He I would call, because villain seems to be tight.

His flop minraise sucks extremely hard. However, you can not fold. My rule of thumb is to almost always go broke in a 3-bet pot for 100BB. I might call the flop tough, and bet the turn AI, as villain is drawing thin if behind.
    • kaffeeteufel
      kaffeeteufel
      Bronze
      Vs. unknown I would reraise pre once more, with his stats I like the call. With the A on the flop you have to go broke here.
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      I'd call the reraise on flop here. The board is rainbow, unconnected, and many Ax kinda hands will fold on your 4bet. Of course I then shove on turn and the latest on that river, so you would have been broke anyways, but I think you get more value from weaker hands like this.

gen
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      You played that hand fine. Can´t really get away with tptk in 4-bet pot.
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Talic
      actually I was SOOO SURE that he has a MONSTER like AA/KK, but with the ace on the board I though that I will be split probably, but I swear how sure I was. I tryed to calculate the probability that he did have aces and the result was like 1:540, thats IMO pretty big chance that hes holding the aces, how is it with the probability?
      Hey Phil Hellmuth can also dodge bullets, Why I can not? The bad thing is that I have to c-bet flop for information (he could had KK) and that makes me comitted to his minraise
    • Philipvw
      Philipvw
      Bronze
      You play against a range of hands, not only against AA, because 'he must have AA this time'. No shame in going broke.
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Philipvw
      You play against a range of hands, not only against AA, because 'he must have AA this time'. No shame in going broke.
      Its allways the same you have a fish on your right, he raises, you re-raise, he min-re-raise.. they arent doing this with AK, with KK they only limp, but AA they play it this way. If I was deeper I would be even incline to c/c to river but 100BB just doesnt give me this choise.

No shame is for me set over set, full house vs. higher full house. Tje shame is that I had a strong read that he actually has the aces and just because its like 1:1000 chance I just ignored the possibility
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Phil Helmuth is not playing against unknowns.
      If you put him on AA or KK pf then check back on the turn. He has 1 out if he is behind and you are drawing dead if you´re behind.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      villain looks pretty tight to me. w$sd 100 should make you cautious too.
      He minreraised pf oop so he must have QQ+
      Then he min check raises you with an Axx rainbow flop. Neither QQ or KK would do this I think. This leaves AA.
      btw do you think he will go all in with anything worse than TPTK? He most surely puts you on an A here.
      That being said, I have no idea how to play this without going broke lol Maybe fold to min reraise pf?