variance cometh

• Craigsy633
      Craigsy633
      Bronze
      I have been playing this frustrating game for around a year and consider myself to be absolutely useless. However, the first 8 months I played as tight as a ducks dreier. Figured I had this game sussed, but found it boring waiting for a handful of starting hands that hit the flop hard.

Recently I became much looser and aggressive in key spots, it worked a dream for a week but recently it's going wrong a lot. Some of it is bad luck, other times it is frustration (in hindsight).

I have read loads of books and was mentally prepared for a bumpy ride to the top...

It ain't gonna happen, the cards have turned against me....2 days ago I lost a stack when my kings full of queens got quadded by 33. Today I re-raised the flop all in with a lovely straight. Got called by trips and he hit his full house the on the river.

I know this is variance but it really doesn't take prisoners.

I will continue to play every hand as well as I can and see if I can break the back of the microstakes.

Aim over next 3 months
      1 get my £60 bankroll up to £100 then flirt with the next level
      2 read and fully absorb "easy game" & "mental game"
  • 3 replies
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      I like how you write, I like this post.

I may just have to follow

:D
    • Craigsy633
      Craigsy633
      Bronze
      Well another night of small wins, wiped out by quads into my full house (again)!!!
      Beginning to realise that my concentration lasts for around 40mins, then I start to make more mistakes than usual. Therefore limiting my time to 1hr max, just to see how it goes...

Also contemplating topping up the bank roll to take advantage of the Christmas offers. Promised not to...still thinking.
    • Craigsy633
      Craigsy633
      Bronze
      Just did one last session so that I could end the day feeling positive, always a gamble...

Did okay, doubled up on one table and pretty much break even on the other. My aim of making my bank roll £100 in three months is beginning to affect my game, so removing it as an objective.

Just sticking with playing my hands well plus tightening up a little with my starting hands unless I am in position when I will still open as wide as a lapdancers legs.