This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL25 Last hand of the session AQ!

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG+1:
      $12.90
      Hero:
      $7.77

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:club: , Q:spade:
      UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $0.25, UTG+2 folds, Hero raises to $1.25, 6 folds, UTG+1 calls $1.00.

Flop: ($2.85) J:diamond: , 6:heart: , 8:spade: (2 players)
      UTG+1 bets $2.50, Hero calls $2.50.

Turn: ($7.85) T:club: (2 players)
      UTG+1 bets $4.25, Hero raises to $4.02 (All-In).

River: ($16.12) K:club:

Final Pot: $16.12

Je suis tres fatigue malheuresment. Being tired (I am posting this right after it happened) i am more unclear on the hand than i normally would be and may well have slipped up and made a mistake somewhere. Anyway, i thought it was interesting so decided to post.

I give you my thoughts whilst i was playing the hand;

I have watched this villain limp 4 times into the pot in a row and do a strange 1/4 sized pot bet on an AKQ board. With 9 hands I'm pretty much ignoring the stats here. I think he is a bit of a flop bluffmonster fish.

I called flop rather than pushing hoping to see a cheap showdown thinking he would just check when his bluff didn't work.

Villain bets turn and i think he most likely has just a pair now (most often). I think i can count all Ten outs so i can call with 3.5 to 1 pot odds or so.

Edit; Oh, by the way, feel free to contest my play here. Its not my standard line and i played it this way for fun more than anything else. Often i am folding versus unknown here and imho 9 hands is rather unknown ;)
  • 6 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Shove the Flop immediately, he's likely to call you anyway.

On the Turn , I can discount your Q because any 9x has an OESD for a Q. so I give you 7 outs , 8 or 9 at most.

You have 2,96:1 form Turn to River which means you need 12 outs to be +EV. Thats why I can advise you to shove it on the Flop because you get better odds there and give Villain much worser odds to call

Whats Villain's nick? I can look him up for you in my DB.

- Gerv
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Nice response Gerv. My quick calculation of the pot odds was completely off. The possibility of a 9x means i should discount a Queen or two heh. I think he has just a pair more often so i don't want to discount all the Q's though. Not enough outs to call Turn anyway fo sho!

Um, how do i look up his name in Elephant? it just says UTG+1 all over da place.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DaPhunk
      Um, how do i look up his name in Elephant? it just says UTG+1 all over da place.
      Right click on the hand (left side of Hands Tab) and click on 'See original handhistory' ;)
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Um, i tried to go to the hand again but elephant has done something weird with all my Nl25 hands. When i select NL25 in overview it thinks the blinds are .25/.25 and then when i try and look at hands none come up :( Oh well, maybe it'll fix itself someday lol.
    • allizdoR
      allizdoR
      Bronze
      against his donk I would fold with no historys.

- we have not the outs/odds to call
      - we have also not eneugh out/oods for an semibluff because I think our FE is too low

=> fold Flop

perhaps make a note, observe this one and when he do this again, call him.

I also prefer AK instead of AQ because sometimes he only bluffs with AK and a call with AQ would be very worse.
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      as allizdor said fold flop with no history