[NL2-NL10] NL25 Last hand of the session AQ!

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG+1:
      $12.90
      Hero:
      $7.77

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:club: , Q:spade:
      UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $0.25, UTG+2 folds, Hero raises to $1.25, 6 folds, UTG+1 calls $1.00.

Flop: ($2.85) J:diamond: , 6:heart: , 8:spade: (2 players)
      UTG+1 bets $2.50, Hero calls $2.50.

Turn: ($7.85) T:club: (2 players)
      UTG+1 bets $4.25, Hero raises to $4.02 (All-In).

River: ($16.12) K:club:

Final Pot: $16.12

Je suis tres fatigue malheuresment. Being tired (I am posting this right after it happened) i am more unclear on the hand than i normally would be and may well have slipped up and made a mistake somewhere. Anyway, i thought it was interesting so decided to post.

I give you my thoughts whilst i was playing the hand;

I have watched this villain limp 4 times into the pot in a row and do a strange 1/4 sized pot bet on an AKQ board. With 9 hands I'm pretty much ignoring the stats here. I think he is a bit of a flop bluffmonster fish.

I called flop rather than pushing hoping to see a cheap showdown thinking he would just check when his bluff didn't work.

Villain bets turn and i think he most likely has just a pair now (most often). I think i can count all Ten outs so i can call with 3.5 to 1 pot odds or so.

Edit; Oh, by the way, feel free to contest my play here. Its not my standard line and i played it this way for fun more than anything else. Often i am folding versus unknown here and imho 9 hands is rather unknown ;)
  • 6 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Shove the Flop immediately, he's likely to call you anyway.

On the Turn , I can discount your Q because any 9x has an OESD for a Q. so I give you 7 outs , 8 or 9 at most.

You have 2,96:1 form Turn to River which means you need 12 outs to be +EV. Thats why I can advise you to shove it on the Flop because you get better odds there and give Villain much worser odds to call

Whats Villain's nick? I can look him up for you in my DB.

- Gerv
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Nice response Gerv. My quick calculation of the pot odds was completely off. The possibility of a 9x means i should discount a Queen or two heh. I think he has just a pair more often so i don't want to discount all the Q's though. Not enough outs to call Turn anyway fo sho!

Um, how do i look up his name in Elephant? it just says UTG+1 all over da place.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DaPhunk
      Um, how do i look up his name in Elephant? it just says UTG+1 all over da place.
      Right click on the hand (left side of Hands Tab) and click on 'See original handhistory' ;)
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Um, i tried to go to the hand again but elephant has done something weird with all my Nl25 hands. When i select NL25 in overview it thinks the blinds are .25/.25 and then when i try and look at hands none come up :( Oh well, maybe it'll fix itself someday lol.
    • allizdoR
      allizdoR
      Bronze
      against his donk I would fold with no historys.

- we have not the outs/odds to call
      - we have also not eneugh out/oods for an semibluff because I think our FE is too low

=> fold Flop

perhaps make a note, observe this one and when he do this again, call him.

I also prefer AK instead of AQ because sometimes he only bluffs with AK and a call with AQ would be very worse.
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      as allizdor said fold flop with no history