This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

FR player wishing to switch over to 6-Max

• DecisionKing
      DecisionKing
      Bronze
      Hi Guys,

My name is Ruaan and I am from (believe it or not) South Africa! I'm currently a NL50 FR player on Zoom Pokerstars. I used to play SSS on NL100 when the buyins were 20 blinds (with great success I might add) but after they nerfed that I stopped playing poker all together and focused on my studies. I since then got my Degree and I recently started playing BSS on Pokerstars again. I have been playing for 2 months now and have built up a decent bankroll ( up about $1500) and would like to move to 6-max since it seems that's where its at. :s_biggrin: Also playing FR might be profitable at the lower stakes, but I don't feel like I'm improving my game as much as I should. The biggest lesson learnt at FR is just that when a Nit raises you on the turn or river you need to fold your bottom set Haha.

My have two questions.

1. My winrate on NL50 FR has been about 8bb/100 hands over 45000 hands. I have $2200 Bankroll, should I jump directly into NL100 6max or first get accustomed to NL50?

2. I would like to make a better HUD for myself, im currently using the standard popups for HEM2, and the following HUD:

Name/ 3Bet / Resteal / Fold to 3B
      VPIP/ RFI EP / MP / CO / BU
      Hands/ Fold to Steal / BB fold to CO steal / BB fold to BU steal
      WTS/ Cbet Flop/ F2Cbet Flop/ Cbet Turn/Fold2Cbet Turn

I really want to be able to easily identify exploitable lines that I should take vs the regulars who you end up having a ton of hands on since its Zoom. I really want my HUD/Popups to help me to:
      A. Differentiate between which lines I should take in 3Bet or Single raised pots.
      B. How often I should try a double or triple barrel.
      C. How likely villain is to try and barrel me off my hand in a single raised pot.

I find that with my SSS background, I have a good understanding of the preflop concepts (3 bet frequency, when to 4 bet, ranges preflop EV), but I really struggle constructing a postflop plan. Also since I am a SSS player, you should know that we rely completely on our HUD hahahaha. Hopefully that will change as I learn more!

Any suggestions would be welcome.
  • 2 replies
    • SgtJackColt
      SgtJackColt
      Bronze
      Hey Ruaan,

I'm trying to switch too. My maingame is also NL50 FR Zoom and I'm fed up with all that nits. 8bb/100 is a nice winrate but maybe just an upswing. ;) I'm more like a 2bb/100 winner, cause I can't fold bottom set. ;)

Ok let me try to answer your questions.

1. I think you shouldn't move up but down. Besides of NL50 FR I'm playing NL25 SH. It's not the big difference I thought it would be. But to get a feeling for 6max you should start lower than higher.

2. In my opinion stats are sometimes overrated. My own experience is that I now and then put too much weight on them. I agree at zoom games they are very important, but I noticed that my general understanding of the game isn't really good. Without any stats I'm kinda lost and don't know what to do best. So right now I want to improve my postflop game just knowing what to do with every part of my range in every kind of situation.
    • DecisionKing
      DecisionKing
      Bronze
      Thanks for the advice SgtJackColt. I also really think my understanding of poker, especially postflop poker is weak. Maybe I can try out NL50 SH for a couple of days, but I will heed your advice and definitely not jump to NL100.