shonas

• shonas
      shonas
      Bronze
      Hey hey,

a few years ago i spent some time on PS.com only reading the articles. I recently decided to give it another try and this time i want to make the most out of PS. That´s the reason why i joined the Beginners Course.

Homework #1:

Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?

I think it´s the game itself, though earning a bit money with a hobby would be nice too.
      But right now I play for fun, measuring with others and hopefully beeing succesful.

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?

DOUBT. Definitely. I see other players winning easily in a way that´s very different from the PS- Strategy or i lose when i follow the strategy. In that moment i doubt the strategy. That´s when I start geting too loose and riskful, and as a result of that I lose even more money. With other words my weakness is a lack of discipline, the discipline to stick to the strategy.

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?
      Tight: Playing only selected (=good) hands.
      Aggressive: Putting opponnents under pressure with a hand that´s likely to be the best.

This works because players are making mistakes under pressure. And you can make Profit from these mistakes.

P.S.: As you might have recognized, English isn´t my mother tongue :P
  • 5 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, shonas

Welcome back, and welcome to the forums.

You made a good start with the Beginner's Course.

Things are changing with the Beginners Course, though.

The new track is called Poker School 2.0, but I'm not sure of the details -- I'll ask one of the other mods to fill you in on that.

Best of luck,
      --VS
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Hey shonas,

First of all, welcome back!

Like Vorpal mentioned, things are changing around here. While all the old articles you are probably familiar with are still in place, we are also currently in the process of releasing new articles.

All these new articles come with a video covering the same content, as well as a quiz to test your knowledge of the content. We call this the "Poker School 2.0", which in layman's terms simply means the new, up-to-date content we are currently releasing.

For cash games, you can find the new articles here: New NL lessons

The Beginner's Course currently still revolves around the older articles and is still very useful to get a good grasp of the fundamentals of NL cash games. So you are of course still free to follow the course, and I'm sure Bogdan (our Beginner's Course coach) will be here to review your homework in the coming days!

That said though, our Poker School 2.0 lessons are also structured in an easy to follow way, very similar to the Beginner's Course. Since these new lessons are more up to date and more relevant towards the modern poker game than the older articles, it will be useful to study the new lessons as well.

Hopefully this clears some things up!

Please enjoy the course, and best of luck at the tables :)

Kind regards,
      Tino
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hello Shonas,

Welcome (back) to the course.

For more information on each lesson please visit this link: Welcome to the No Limit Beginners Course Forums

Good job with the first homework. There are many ways you can win at poker so the PS way is not the only way.

Hopefully this course will be able to help you move up the limits.

Best of luck and keep us posted.

Bogdan
    • shonas
      shonas
      Bronze
      Alright.

So what would be your suggestion? Should i follow the Beginner´s Course or start with Poker School 2.0? Both at the same time seems to much to me.

I think it might be a good idea to stick to the Beginners Course until the "School 2.0" is fully released. Especially because some of the new articles are just for Silver+...
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Given your limited time I'd probably stick with this course and then move onto Poker School 2.0.

Best regards,

Bogdan