[NL2-NL10] NL10 - AK misses on wet flop

• Gamer135
      Gamer135
      Bronze
      Villain appears to be pretty TAG-ish (VPIP 17, AF 2 over 110 hands)

$0.05/$0.1 No Limit Holdem
      9 players
      Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($10.45)
      UTG+1 ($2.00)
      Hero ($1.95)
      MP2 ($7.05)
      MP3 ($10.30)
      CO ($4.40)
      BTN ($11.50)
      SB ($3.90)
      BB ($9.85)

Pre-flop: ($0.15, 9 players) Hero is MP1 A:spade: K:heart:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, MP2 calls $0.40, 5 folds

Flop: 8:spade: 6:diamond: 4:diamond: ($0.95, 2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.40, Hero folds

Final Pot: $0.95

MP2 wins $1.35 ( won +$0.55 )
      Hero lost -$0.40

More of a line check than anything else. Should I even consider c-betting into that wet board?
  • 4 replies
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Always contbet it. It's NL10, don't give villains too much credit. Most of them won't think "he raised before flop he mustve missed this! I shall reraise!". Also, even if he does think, he could easily put you on any overpair to that flop and fold to your bet. If he hit a pair (remember he called your raise so it can be likely he has overcards to the flop aswell, in which case he will fold), you have your overcards for the draw.
      And lastly, if he calls your c-bet on the flop with a flush or straightdraw, you need to evaluate the situation on the turn again - see if he's likely to have hit his draw.

And that bet he made is below half pot, it looks very weak. If I did check the flop I would push after that bet.

All this in my opinion, of course :)

Edit:
      Reread your post and if you think he's a TAG who knows what he's doing and what a SSSer is, I put him on either a pocket pair trying to setmine or an ace to beat a normal pair (KK QQ JJ) an SSSer would raise with. Basically, c-bet and fold to a reraise :)
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      If villain is a TAG , he should always rebuy to 100bb.
      Anyways on NL10, you do not find very good players (<1% chance)

SSS is a very simple strategy, you raise preflop to get 1 player against you. Against him you always make a continuation bet regardless if you hit.

So in this case you should bet $60c post-flop

- Gerv
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      The board is perfect for a c-bet. Only a set or donkey hand beats you here, and he will reraise your c-bet with one of those! If he calls your c-bet he is on a draw, or is chum with a small pair. I really dont see floating at low limits, esp vs shorty. So the correct line is C-bet flop, fold to a raise unless you get 3:1 or better pot odds and push any on the turn (you are committed by then anyway)
    • IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black
      cbet!

villain can not be a good player, otherwise he would not call your preflop raise!!!