Greetings all

• JMC33
      JMC33
      Basic
      Hi all,

I've just joined, but started playing poker online about 5 years ago.

It began when I picked up a cheap poker book on sale in a garden centre one day, started reading it, became interested and started playing with free money. A lucky win on the Grand National that year left me with £50 which, to the dismay of my wife, I put onto a poker site and started playing micro stakes limit before progressing to NL.

I've mostly played cash games on and off over the years, but haven't been able to get past NL10 for any length of time. I've never had to add to that £50, and have even cashed in some money which went toward a new laptop, but I'm probably break-even/marginal winning at NL10 cash at the moment.

It's the challenge that drives me to keep playing and I now consider myself as a student of the game, rather than being focused on the money, so hope to progress as I learn.

Cheers

JMC
  • 2 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey JMC33,

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com :)

Nice to see you've never had to add to your initial deposit, so even though you're not a winning player (yet), you must have a good handle on the game to be able to just work off that 50 over 5 years.

As a new member, we can offer you free poker money at one of our partner rooms, which as the name suggests is at no cost to you.

The immediate benefit of this is an upgrade to lifetime Bronze status, which will allow you to view more detailed Strategy articles and Videos, as well as having a tracked pokerroom to be able to earn Strategy Points.

For a detailed explanation of how our status system works, click here.

If you have any further questions, feel free to post

Cheers

Laz
    • Yonose
      Yonose
      Bronze
      Welcome