Bronze
      Hero ($77.40)
      BB ($50)
      UTG ($42.45)
      UTG+1 ($47.30) 56/7/1.3/45 on 140 hands
      CO ($52.80)
      BTN ($49.25)

Dealt to Hero 9:diamond: 9:club:

fold, call, fold, fold, Hero raises to $3, fold, UTG+1 raises to $8, call,

FLOP ($16.50) 7:club: 3:heart: 8:club:

check, UTG+1 bets $5, Hero folds,

UTG+1 wins $15.70

I think my play was bad here, i didn't know what to do with this annoying limp/raise, so i talked myself into a call for set value. I should have just folded and ask it here what to do next time.

I think i've never seen a limp/raise from a full stacked player, so i really couldn't put him on range. Has anybody have a clue what range could villain hold here?

Thank you,
      kesgab
  • 2 replies
    • texbball33
      texbball33
      Bronze
      yeah that happened to me the other day, some donk with 40+ vpip limped utg then raised my pfr... I had AK so i called IP. the flop came down with a K and he raised big, I convinced myself he was an idiot and got him (or I guess he got me) all in and he showed AA...obviously the limp 3 bet preflop has to be considered a pretty tight range. It doesn't make sense for anything other than deception purposes and that only works for the top %age of hands. They can't be doing it as a bluff with a medium strength hand and expect a decent player to fold before the flop, so it has to be a value raise.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think you can call flop his small c-bet and maybe get free showdown. He could also limp/3-bet with small pp or AK.