This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50 SH - full stacker limp/raises

• kesgab
      kesgab
      Bronze
      Hero ($77.40)
      BB ($50)
      UTG ($42.45)
      UTG+1 ($47.30) 56/7/1.3/45 on 140 hands
      CO ($52.80)
      BTN ($49.25)

Dealt to Hero 9:diamond: 9:club:

fold, call, fold, fold, Hero raises to $3, fold, UTG+1 raises to $8, call,

FLOP ($16.50) 7:club: 3:heart: 8:club:

check, UTG+1 bets $5, Hero folds,

UTG+1 wins $15.70

I think my play was bad here, i didn't know what to do with this annoying limp/raise, so i talked myself into a call for set value. I should have just folded and ask it here what to do next time.

I think i've never seen a limp/raise from a full stacked player, so i really couldn't put him on range. Has anybody have a clue what range could villain hold here?

Thank you,
      kesgab
  • 2 replies
    • texbball33
      texbball33
      Bronze
      yeah that happened to me the other day, some donk with 40+ vpip limped utg then raised my pfr... I had AK so i called IP. the flop came down with a K and he raised big, I convinced myself he was an idiot and got him (or I guess he got me) all in and he showed AA...obviously the limp 3 bet preflop has to be considered a pretty tight range. It doesn't make sense for anything other than deception purposes and that only works for the top %age of hands. They can't be doing it as a bluff with a medium strength hand and expect a decent player to fold before the flop, so it has to be a value raise.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think you can call flop his small c-bet and maybe get free showdown. He could also limp/3-bet with small pp or AK.