All In ?

• Welshdai
      Welshdai
      Bronze
      If i had $500 and go all in why do other players go all in when they say have $2000 why dont they just cover the bet ? Because if i win i don't get to take the whole pot so to me its a bit pointless. Sorry if this is a dull question but am realy intrested as to why.
  • 4 replies
    • Puciek
      Puciek
      Bronze
      1. If there is no one to act behind, it's easier than typing number and gives same effect.
      2. If there is someone behind, it will scare them off, they want to isolate you
    • Chiller3k
      Chiller3k
      Bronze
      Hi Welshdai,

well Puciek already said it in his second point. If they are holding a hand like AK they don't really want a coldcaller behind, because most of the times they won't hit the flop, so it prevents difficult decisions if you just push preflop.

But Puciek, to your first argument. Actually it's not even possible to repush if there is no one to act behind. Your only options are calling or folding.

Best regards,
      Chiller3k
    • Puciek
      Puciek
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Chiller3k
      Hi Welshdai,

well Puciek already said it in his second point. If they are holding a hand like AK they don't really want a coldcaller behind, because most of the times they won't hit the flop, so it prevents difficult decisions if you just push preflop.

But Puciek, to your first argument. Actually it's not even possible to repush if there is no one to act behind. Your only options are calling or folding.

Best regards,
      Chiller3k
      Oh ? Maybe so, but it doesnt work with sitout :P
    • Welshdai
      Welshdai
      Bronze
      Thanks both for your fast reply.