6 max SNG hud ranges

• RedStarUltras
      RedStarUltras
      Bronze
      Can someone please tell me what ranges i should use for my hud?I just started to use hud and i am not really sure how to color code numbers!!I created some color codes myself but i am not sure is that good...

For example i created it like this:

VPIP- 0-18 RED,18-30 YELLOW,30-100 GREEN

PFR- 0-9 RED,9-20 YELLOW,20-100 GREEN

ATT TO STEAL- 0-20 RED,20-35 YELLOW,35-100 GREEN

Red-tight player

Yellow-somewhat exploitable

Green-very exploitable

You can tell me if i did something wrong here,and if you can,give me some color code ranges for some other stats

THX
  • 6 replies
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Don't overwhelm yourself with all this colorcoding and stuff. Start by making it simple first and then work your way up into more complicated and advanced HUDs.

What I will suggest is using different color of a different stat. Maybe you can use red for the most aggression stats since it is an aggressive color.

F.e. green-VPIP(no matter how loose or tight he is), PFR(red-same thing-no matter if he raises 5% or 25%), steal-gray(always again-it is aggression, but I like to have it with a different color), 3bet(RED)

Second line-cbet(red), fold to cbet(some other color) etc, etc
    • AlvisR
      AlvisR
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kurrkabin
      Don't overwhelm yourself with all this colorcoding and stuff. Start by making it simple first and then work your way up into more complicated and advanced HUDs.

What I will suggest is using different color of a different stat. Maybe you can use red for the most aggression stats since it is an aggressive color.

F.e. green-VPIP(no matter how loose or tight he is), PFR(red-same thing-no matter if he raises 5% or 25%), steal-gray(always again-it is aggression, but I like to have it with a different color), 3bet(RED)

Second line-cbet(red), fold to cbet(some other color) etc, etc
      very good way of understanding hud! :)
    • dogma18
      dogma18
      Bronze
      I will expand on what i said on your other thread. Although i agree with kurrkabin on not to overwhelm yourself with stats i would advise that you have the right stats that you think you will need, then removing stats that you do not use as you become more comfortable.

For colour coding i have a system of what action i should be taking versus opponents. So for example if opponent is tight preflop and he raises before me, i know to play a tighter range so i colour code this stat red. Something along the lines of vpip: under 18 red, Pfr: under 18 red. then for cutoff and button stats its Copfr: under 22 and Butpfr: under 25 as you expect even tighter opponents to play a little looser from these positions.

I also have fold to resteal stats colour coded the same way. If they have a high fold to resteal then it is colour coded green and if it is low it is colour coded red.

This means that if i generally see more green stats, I am more likely to play my hand or play back at them. If there is more red stats i tighten up.
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      VPIP
      0-15 tight
      15-30 normal
      30+ loose

PFR
      0-10 tight
      10-20 normal
      20+ loose

those are what i use.
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      I made a video on this topic 3 years ago

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/16122/

You do, however, need gold status to watch it.
    • shanesmith
      shanesmith
      Global
      On most sites nowadays you can put a colour on the player itself, i use 3 colours on people as a quick reference before looking at the stats.