This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 Sh QQ get 3 bet preflop

• texbball33
      texbball33
      Bronze
      I have 130 hands on this villain, no real reads which usually means he's pretty conservative postflop... wtsd is 40, but he's won 50% and it's not a huge sample... the check on the flop made me very suspicious of aa's and maybe that caused me to get lost with the rest of the hand. I don't think he's going to bluff this river, i guess the turn bet should have been much bigger and i should have bet the flop, but why does he check after 3 betting, is this AK? usually i shove preflop, but I've been trying to play more 3 bet pots in position and i think the sb's range here is jj+ and AK so i'm not too good against that.

31/14/2.6 9% 3betpf

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) -
      Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($8.20)
      SB ($27.85)
      BB ($19.20)
      UTG ($25.20)
      MP ($8.60)
      Hero (CO) ($23.75)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q, Q
      1 fold, MP calls $0.25, Hero raises to $1, 1 fold, SB raises to $3.25, 2 folds, Hero calls $2.25

Flop: ($7) J, 4, 7 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($7) J (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $4, SB calls $4

River: ($15) 6 (2 players)
      SB bets $8.75, Hero folds

Total pot: $15 | Rake: $0.70
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      With 9% 3-bet, I´m going to 8$ pf and calling shove here.
      Once you call pf and hit overpair, I think you should go with your hand starting 5$ bet on the flop.
      I think you can fold river, since he played that hand very strangely, but call is also fine, because of pot odds + you have overpair.