Reviewing a session

• kolonel71
      kolonel71
      Bronze
      Hey all,

I was hoping someone could recommend a good video (or articles) which highlight some of the key points in reviewing a session of 6max CG. Not really into the ones where someone has their session reviewed but more an overview on what software can be utilised, how to set up for it, what filters can be used to break it down, plays versus certain villain types etc.

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Regards
      Rob
  • 11 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey kolonel71,

This video may help.

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/29511/.

Cheers

Laz
    • kolonel71
      kolonel71
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Lazza61
      Hey kolonel71,

This video may help.

Cheers

Laz
      Thanks for the quick response Laz, much appreciated.

Getting my head back into cash games and want to get my focus where it should be. Easier said than done when it comes to me though :)
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by kolonel71
      Hey kolonel71,

This video may help.

Cheers

Laz

Getting my head back into cash games and want to get my focus where it should be. Easier said than done when it comes to me though :)
      Lol. You sound like me. :P
    • kolonel71
      kolonel71
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kolonel71
      Hey kolonel71,

This video may help.

Cheers

Laz

Lol. You sound like me. :P
      Glad i am not the only one and i am sure there are many others :D

Have started playing Zoom micro last 3 days and racked up 14k hands @ 6.5bb/100 but don't want to continue clicking aimlessly without fully understanding where my play should be optimal.

Would be happy to catch up with those playing Zoom and get their thoughts a well :f_biggrin:
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey kolonel71

I know this is not what you are looking for but I suggest you watch BogdanPS's video's as well. He does a bunch of HH reviews and runs a bunch of filters in holdem manager 2. IMO they are very interesting if you want to review your sessions.

Link to Bogdans vids

Regards

RasTweet
    • kolonel71
      kolonel71
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RasTweet
      Hey kolonel71

I know this is not what you are looking for but I suggest you watch BogdanPS's video's as well. He does a bunch of HH reviews and runs a bunch of filters in holdem manager 2. IMO they are very interesting if you want to review your sessions.

Link to Bogdans vids

Regards

RasTweet
      Thanks RasTweet, will definitely go through it.

Merry Xmas to all.
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      How's the session reviewing coming along? If you've had time over the Christmas period :]
    • kolonel71
      kolonel71
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ThatGuyMatt
      How's the session reviewing coming along? If you've had time over the Christmas period :]

Hey mate,

Watched the first video and it showed how much i was overvaluing some of my hands vs certain villains. Also starting to play around with ranges using Equilab too which is a great tool and got me thinking more about equity vs pot odds and when i should be happy to muck hands i used to hang onto in the past.

So far, so good, but have only played about 1k hands since watching but starting to build up my numbers where they should be around.

Also been working on my opening ranges and defending my blinds. Prolly about break even so far but still working on the right spots to do it.

Any other suggestions are most appreciated.

Regards
      Rob
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Nice, 1k hands is a very small sample but you can still filter the hands and post some of Evaluation and see how a Judge thinks you played them.

Remember, just because you won/lost the pot, doesn't always mean you played it right/wrong.

Break even is far better than losing, that's for sure eh? :P

Got much more volume in lately?
    • kolonel71
      kolonel71
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ThatGuyMatt
      Nice, 1k hands is a very small sample but you can still filter the hands and post some of Evaluation and see how a Judge thinks you played them.

Remember, just because you won/lost the pot, doesn't always mean you played it right/wrong.

Break even is far better than losing, that's for sure eh? :P

Got much more volume in lately?
      Have gone back to normal speed 6max as i felt i am auto piloting playing Zoom. Volume has dropped away but feel that i want to get better at the game before i worry about winrate etc.

Will watch a couple more videos, maybe on aggression, as i tend to play too passively post flop and seem to give up hands too easily. Maybe not the right spot or maybe not the right range of cards i am not playing. Will persevere with videos and articles available on the site as i cannot afford coaching just yet.

Thanks for keeping an eye on me :D
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Ah, yes. I have the same issue, when playing zoom I feel like I'm a robot and not actually improve my game at all, where that should be my main aim when at the Micro games.

You do sound rather similar to myself, it's crazy :D My plan to imrpove my play is to create a new habit where I put villain on a range every hand, it may take a long time to do but once this habit is set in stone my game will be able to improve so much, and qiuck ;) Perhaps it's something you could look into if you don't already do it?

It's no problem, that's what I'm here for :]

Best of luck in 2014!