TITAN POITNS-what to do

• Agiz19
      Agiz19
      Bronze
      Hello!

I have a question...What can i possibly do with titan points. there are no cash redemptions, no good tourneys only stupid 50$ prizepool. So does anybody know from pokerstrategy will there be any better offers? plus the summertime promotion how can it be cashed out imideatly?

And depositing on titan i have deposited 300 eur till now and its always the same I make some cash with strong hands and goodplay....and then my next KK is beaten, my AA is beaten my AK tptk is fished out by 2pair till river, my sets loose to straights,ect. And I know ull say this is a downswing-HOW CAN I GET A DOWNSWING EVERY 2 F***** DAYS!?! Is like titans rng would not let me advance-it keeps beating me down over and over again. I dont play trash I play good poker and it is making me nervous that a I get rewarded by taking it all from me. It sucks. True but sad so i cant even imagine how can some lucky few make 15k from 100 eur...its just sick. :(
  • 22 replies
    • xponentx
      xponentx
      Bronze
      I wouldn't normally be one to make comments like this, but i'm seriously beginning to think that ipoker is rigged.

It seems whenever you start to make any progress, suddenly you get sucked out over and over again. I know people always say this is just a downswing, but I really think it's too frequent to be just that. It seems like the worst hand wins 90% of the time on this platform.

I dunno, maybe i'm just being paranoid. Either way i'll be happy to move to another platform.

Oh...and I haven't found anything worthwhile to do with the points either.
    • nowyouseeme
      nowyouseeme
      Bronze
      That sucks. Is there no way to convert them into money? I know on CD poker you can convert them at a rate of 10000 to 10 dollar. Not a lot but its better than a 50 cence freeroll.
    • Rowkilla
      Rowkilla
      Bronze
      Don't you get 5$ for every 600 points? I haven't gotten to 600 points yet so I'm not sure.
    • gaz639
      gaz639
      Bronze
      the $5 every 600 points just refers to the rate at which you unlock the bonuses on titan as far as i am aware, the only usefull thing i have seen on titan to use your points up was a big i think it was 50k points september tourney so i assume there is one per month but as said you need 50k titan points and i am not sure if you need a certain vip level to
    • RGLFC1
      RGLFC1
      Bronze
      Thats just really unlucky fella, but when you play premium hands your far more likely to be sucked out on than suck out on others....it just happens. Also because on the internet you play far more hands than would get through live it happens more regularly. Ive been playing on titan for a week now and I have been sucked out on a fair few times particularly tonight aces busted twice on the river (all in on the flop). It seems that flush draws and straights dont come as often as they should (many times ive had odds to call with good flush/straight draws, and never hit) whereas on other sites particularly full tilt and party poker it seems players are unbeatable with these draws and will regularly calloff their whole stack to hit it. In reality though its just the variance of poker and the myth of ipoker.

Even with the bad beats ive had tonight im still doing well ($40 up) so i guess what im trying to say is just stick with it. stick to the BR management and keep playing well and you will do well.

Is there nothing you can do with Titan points then?? thats a bit annoying, think ill investigate it now
    • fostie
      fostie
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RGLFC1
      Also because on the internet you play far more hands than would get through live it happens more regularly.
      yes, because online you play with 52 other kind of cards, right?

Come on, dont go looking for stupid explanations. Shit happens, cry me a river build me a bridge and get the hell over it ;)
    • RGLFC1
      RGLFC1
      Bronze
      think you totally missed my point. I was saying it may look like these things happen more often but they dont. I was trying to help the lad out, I dont need to get over anything, take a chill pill and get back to the tables :P
    • Cosminata
      Cosminata
      Bronze
      Unfortunely we are playing poker, and luck has smth to do with it. I also play Titan and get these bad days when anything seems to lose. My advice is to do smth else when this happens because you are having a bad day. I also play live poker and when I get a bad day, I can't win with anything.
      I play HU SNG trying to build a bankroll, and sometimes I get 90% winrate going down to 40% winrate on my bad days.
      Anyway, stick to BRM, otherwise Titan will eat you down :D
    • Jaime001254
      Jaime001254
      Bronze
      i think titan has a lot of variance, because there are a lot of fishes and a lot of pokerstrategy shortstacks, so its very swingy....
    • racenutalways
      racenutalways
      Bronze
      Been playing ipoker for 12 months, the variance at the NL5 is quite large, but sticking to solid playing will move your bankroll forward, not in one week or even a month at times, but after 6 months of playing you will see a rise in your BK.
      There are plenty of players that totally rely on luck and have no ideas about hand odds in relation to pot odds, implied odds, they watch a lot of WPT or WSOP on Tv and see the all-in on flush draws moments and see a guy rake in a monster pot and figure cash games are played that way. Come visit me in the cash games, I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!
      The next levle at ipoker is a bit different in style, less fish and few more sharks added to the pool, so all-in moments will widely be against AA, KK, AKs, and AK.
      Rasing preflop will not always get you callers with your As, but when they do see action, it's against a short stack strategist that you raped for 2$. Whoopey, but then you have them cracked by a donk who called TJo and flop the magic and lose your full stack. Lose one hand 10$, win 6 hands to regain that 10$. The rake kills you at this level and it's a little too tight to play here, Full Tilt starts at NL10$, so plaenty of fish that will get plenty of action with your AA, KK. KK meets aces 4.39%, so don't scream holler and punch your screen, when your Ks start costing you money, I met As with my Ks 13 times in the last 2 weeks playing NL20. It hurt my BR, especially when I only win 8$ pots against short stacks.

NL20 is quite tight, average 15% PF, so it becomes more difficult to actually raise your BR, a lot have luck on their side, not me, many times I have battled QQvsAK and lost, my AK hardly ever beats QQ, then again I never go all in with AK. It's a drawing hand afterall.

As for the Titan points, we all agree they are somewhat useless, I use mine to enter 1000$, 5000$ and 15000$ Freerolls that pokerlistings offer, not many points are need for those.

I am currently scouring the internet for a rakeback deal and maybe play at a different site for a few months, or maybe even forever, who knows. Poker rooms offer all sorts of promos and it's our job to find a way that best suits us. I play 10 hrs a day and rake 1200-1700 hands per day, I surely would benefit a rakeback deal playing NL20.

Anybody else having problems logging into Titan today? I get "Please update your client", click ok, login screen comes back.
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      Originally posted by racenutalways
      I play 10 hrs a day and rake 1200-1700 hands per day, I surely would benefit a rakeback deal playing NL20.
      Wooot :D you play 10 hours a day :D Lol even most pros don't play that much ;) And only 1,2k-1,7k hands per 10 hour means you play only 4 tables ;) I think you should try to play 5 hours a day and spend 5 hours to improve your game. You'll improve much faster and gain much more money if you'll learn well. And also you'll eventually play more tables.
    • gonetrolling
      gonetrolling
      Bronze
      i have been playing in Titan for a couple of years now, and unfortunately the pts are pretty much useless except for pts tournaments. I also find that playing at the lower limits does lead to alot of mind blowing bad beats but that is what poker is about. Truly i don't like bad beats but without the fish making bad to brutal calls i wouldn't make money. It is going to happen just try not to lose your whole stack when it does and plow through it.
    • Agiz19
      Agiz19
      Bronze
      well I am playing nl100 and nl200 and people there with to much money start abusing your stack and your Aks dont open and high pp are most likely trash. I do not like titan never did played there because of the summertime bonus but now things are even more unreachable. still i have 36k points on account and no use ofthem it just sucks
    • racenutalways
      racenutalways
      Bronze
      I think you should try to play 5 hours a day and spend 5 hours to improve your game.

listen to slikec, so full of wisdom. Idiot, don't assume anything unless you know all the facts you stupid moron.
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      Originally posted by racenutalways
      I think you should try to play 5 hours a day and spend 5 hours to improve your game.

listen to slikec, so full of wisdom. Idiot, don't assume anything unless you know all the facts you stupid moron.
      I think it was no need to insult me ;) I just suggested lol ;)

Have a nice day,

slikec
    • NiekamNeidomu
      NiekamNeidomu
      Bronze
      what a nice word !
      I D I O T

the other one is cooooooooooooooool to !
      M
      O
      R
      O
      Nice we have a kinder garden here ~_~
    • Rowkilla
      Rowkilla
      Bronze
      Does anyone know if titan will ever make a store?
    • Adzi
      Adzi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Rowkilla
      Does anyone know if titan will ever make a store?
      Chili has it, noIQ has it, expekt just started one. They're all part of Ipoker network

I hope Titan will go that way
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      should deffinatly come up with something, the new (sucky) bonus combined with the points problem isn't a hot combo.
      I'm gonna clear my bonus, pack my bags and run like the wind. Au revoir titan.