HM lost data!

• kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      Got a large number of hands (500k about cash games plus similar amount for MTTs + SNGs) on a machine that has shut down and do not know how to recovery the data.

There is any chances to gain the data other then rescue from the broke-pc?

I was wondering in my ignorance due the fact that a cloud system was introduce time ago and I was thinking if maybe the data my be store in some other place other then the single terminal.

I know, I do not make much sense but Im feeling high panicking at moment and start lose mental lucidity ... sorry about that!

Thanks

P.S. HM1 + HM2. TY :)
  • 6 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, kiromanAAKK

A lot depends on what is broken in the failed PC

If the hard drive is intact, then the database can be recovered.
      I would involved HM2 tech support to do that however.

Failing that, do you have all of the original hand histories?

Best wishes,
      --VS
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      If you still have access to the old hdd just copy the folder c:\hm2archive. It should contain all your hands.
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      Hi,
      First of all, thanks guys for your support

The problem is that the previous PC just shut down and didn't want to know to switch on again, so, I went for a new PC

Now, I wasn't play poker too much the last period due continue moving home and now, due the promo for Xmas coaching, I started to be interest to the old data because so large and better to be use to find eventual leaks that's why I left for so long.

The money required to try to fix, and accord to the guy in the shop, it wasn't worth to do that (also an old system with XP still on and small HD) and he suggested at time to buy a new1 as it was come better for me in deal after all.

That's in brief the situation
      Thx :)
    • martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      The problem is that the previous PC just shut down and didn't want to know to switch on again, so, I went for a new PC

Since its probably the power supply if it really cant start up? Or the motherboard/gfx if the screen is like black but it kinda runs?

The fact that u say it wont switch on again, gives u a really really good chance that it isnt the hdd that is broken.

I think u can even buy a cable, so u dont have to switch the hdd's, but instead plug it in as a usb. Then u can retrieve everything u had on it.

And even if it is broken "u have throwed the hdd in a volcano" it can still be retrieved. But not worth if u are playing nl10.
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      Connecting the old HDD via USB to the new pc should cost only some euros.
      This is a possible solution: http://www.amazon.com/Vantec-CB-ISATAU2-Supports-2-5-Inch-5-25-Inch/dp/B000J01I1G/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1388230986&sr=1-1&keywords=hdd+usb+adapter
      but there are many others available.

Depending on the pokersite you played you may ask their support to send you your hands.
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Thaks for that netsrak, awesome support as always :D

Let us know how it goes kiro!

Moved to HM board.