Best way to clear a FDB on Ipoker

• highyeah
      highyeah
      Bronze
      Hi !

I'm thinking about clearing a FDB on an ipoker network skin but I want to know what is the best way to clear the bonus:

Should I grind SNGs , and is there a good traffic for SNGs in small stakes (under 5$) ?

Or should I grind cash games, Are NL5 and NL10 softer in ipoker than in stars ?

Thanks and Gl on the tables
  • 4 replies
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      I saw in the lobby that there are tons of $5+0.50 conventional turbos running, which surprised me as the majority of the $20+ SnG traffic are jackpot and DoN. So definitely there are enough SnG. (Maybe it's just the holiday peak, merry Christmas and gl btw :f_smile: )

I've just had an idea of a sick volume challenge: getting VIP13 (the top level) at Betfair playing $5+1 Maui jackpot SnGs, which would require 15K games quarterly :f_biggrin: (mind that they're fullring so each takes more time on average than their $20-50 counterparts, which are 6-max).

Jackpot SnGs have high fees so getting a high VIP level and scoring well in points races is crucial, the first deposit bonus then becomes just a 'small' 'crutch' on the way up as it's cleared after 1.5 months of such a grind.

I think you'll be also fine playing non-jackpot ones, though. I can't comment on NLHE cash as I don't play it. That said, there's a huge difference between rake percentages between NL2-NL10 (6.67%) and NL20+ (5%), while the difference in softness is not as big (judging by PLO), so it's +EV to take loose shots at NL20 / PLO20 asap if playing cash.
    • NightShadePMC
      NightShadePMC
      Bronze
      It is safe to say that with the same bankroll you will generate a lot more rake playing cash games than SNGs(and I do mean a lot). The games on iPoker 1 are definitely softer than on stars, both SNGs and cash games. Your fastest way to clear the bonus is playing 6-max speed poker.

However,your should always play the type of game you are better at.SNG players are usually crappy cash game players because they are used to playing too aggressive,for instance,so they would probably want to stick to SNGs. Good luck and I hope this helped you.

@tonypmm:it is very hard if not impossible to make a profit at any jackpot game(because of the huge rake) if you don't actually win the jackpot.Don't take my word for it,check iPoker's sharkscope leaderboards.I'd advise you not to waste your time on playing them.If you want to actually live from SNGs,PokerStars is your only real choice.
    • highyeah
      highyeah
      Bronze
      Thanks tony and PMC for the informations !

I'm actually playing SNGs and fifty50 on stars and I'm really suck on cash game but i wanted to know if I can beat NL5 and NL10 on ipoker since they are softer than stars.

I didn't tried playing a Jackpot before, but it seems that they have a 20% rake which is hard to beat imo (unless they are soft) but a great way to clear a bonus imo.

I think that you have a better idea about Jackpot SNGs

Gl on the tables !
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      Originally posted by NightShadePMC
      @tonypmm:it is very hard if not impossible to make a profit at any jackpot game(because of the huge rake) if you don't actually win the jackpot.Don't take my word for it,check iPoker's sharkscope leaderboards.I'd advise you not to waste your time on playing them.If you want to actually live from SNGs,PokerStars is your only real choice.
      The thing is, I'm actually going for the JP itself :f_cool: I'm 'overrolled' (I mean, in terms of 'standard' BRM, i.e. any consistent winner would be overrolled in my place) for any other games I'll be able to beat in the near future, life expenses are not a problem, so I can wait for a year or two until I grab it.

I looked at Sharkscope profiles of JP regs long ago, most of them do make some profit after cashback; consolation prizes and the JP on top make them a decent alternative to Stars imo (though grinding for SNE-2014 at the $60-100 level is a doable and good option too).

Most good SnG regs follow the same logic as you and stick to Stars... which implies that iPoker regs are worse on average :f_smile:

The main problem I see is that, after binking the JP, there's no room for moving up on iPoker, which could be a hassle in the middle of the year, when it's too late to go for SNE; however, it's perhaps the best to just quit playing poker after it, instead of struggling to beat $200s at Stars at a significantly bigger hourly, which I think 99% of poker players, myself included, will never do.