arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      I'm seriously thinking of quitting poker, I can't seem to win anymore, every time I seem to get my money in with the best hand I lose to bull$hit.

AQ vs A9 hit a 9

AA vs ATs rivered a flush

AK vs A7 flopped 3oak

QQ vs 44 hit a straight

AK vs Q8s flopped a flush

T9 trips on flop lost to KT hit their gutshot

JJ vs AQ hit trips

Whenever I'm behind I never get lucky when it matters but always lose when I'm ahead

I can't seem to win anything n it driving me mad :(
  • 12 replies
    • NRGBlaze
      NRGBlaze
      Bronze
      Originally posted by The Joker
      Why sssssssssooo sssssssssserious
      I'm sure that you have a lot more experience than me and probably had many downswings
      BUT for my short poker career so far I think I had many of them also
      So.... I just stopped fighting them
      If you're not a full time poker pro than poker is just a hobby to you
      and the meaning of the hobby is to entertain
      If you stop having fun - move to a lower limit, take a break, quit
      YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO HAVE FUN!!!
      and if you make some money doing it - its ok
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      I do enjoy poker when I'm not gettin sucked out left right an centre, but lately I'm startin to think I'm on a constant downswing, I make up for it then it goes back down.

I won 2 MTT's in may since then I've been up n down, n basically won nothing in 6 months of playing.

Maybe I should just take a breakk
    • NRGBlaze
      NRGBlaze
      Bronze
      I don't know man
      That's for you to decide
      My advice is: just try as an experiment how long you will be able to fight the urge to play
      I am playing for 4 months (very short career so far as I said) and I cannot stay away from poker for 2 or 3 days :D
      so that's a good reason to keep playing - You want to! ;)

EDIT: I'm also almost at my starting position if that makes you feel better :D
    • Termi8r
      Termi8r
      Bronze
      I really know how you feel. The last two months has been really tough for me. I get the most unbelievable suckouts, KK vs 94o preflop all in!. It is slowly getting better for me bankroll wise. I went from $450 to $170 with SSS, back up to $250 now.

Definately take a break to clear your mind and come back fresh. Now when I play and I have a hand like AK or JJ, I say to myself that I will often be in coin flip situation and it will be 50/50 so I'm prepared to lose. It happens so often that it doesn't affect me emotionally at all and I just keep on playing.

I play very tight SSS at the moment VPIP 5%, and just concentrate on the game not to make any mistakes.

In tournaments the variance is even bigger I think, because you can't get back into it after losing a coin flip. So just be patient and enjoy it.

Good luck
      Termi8r
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      If you play good poker you will take some beats, but thats just variance and your BRM is designed to handle that.
      If you play OK poker and your marginal hands win some lose some, or you don't play without the nuts etc then when you suffer bad beats with your good hands it becomes glaringly obvious as your bankroll cannot handle bad beats and bad play at the same time.
      In your next break study the psychology articles, and post more hands.
      And like NRGBlaze says: most important is to have fun, if you find a way to do so when you are losing, as well as winning... it becomes impossible to lose.

@Termi8r: VPIP5%? You on scared money :P
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      Thx all. I guess I am a bit pessimistic. There have been times when I win with a worse hand, n times when I've thought I'll never win a hand again but it does turn around. I just need to try not let my frame of mind affect my ability to play good poker.

I just wish there was a miracle secret (which I knew ofc) that would make me a winner all the time, rather than breakeven/losing player, but there isn't! Even the best pro's have downswings, not saying I'm a pro but I could be a winning player if I put the effort in, have the patience and be disciplined.
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      Poker is just variance! If u are good at the end of the month u will be ++ and if u are not good u will be -.

just see what happened me today:

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, A (Comment)
      3 folds, MP2 raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $5.00, 4 folds, MP2 calls $3.50.

Flop: ($10.75) Q, A, K (2 players) (Comment)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $10.00, MP2 raises to $25.50, Hero raises to $80.50 (All-In), MP2 calls $55.00.

Turn: ($171.75) J (Comment)
      River: ($171.75) 6 (Comment)

Final Pot: $171.75

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows three of a kind, aces (Ac As)

MP2 shows a straight, ace high (Js Td)

MP2 wins with a straight, ace high (Js Td)

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by http://www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, A (Comment)
      UTG+2 raises to $1.75, 6 folds, Hero raises to $3.00, UTG+2 calls $1.25.

Flop: ($6.25) A, Q, T (2 players) (Comment)
      Hero checks, UTG+2 bets $6.25, Hero raises to $19.00, UTG+2 raises to $101.70 (All-In), Hero calls $82.70.

Turn: ($209.65) 8 (Comment)
      River: ($209.65) Q (Comment)

Final Pot: $209.65

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a full-house, aces full of queens (As Ah)
      UTG+2 shows four of a kind, queens (Qh Qd)

UTG+2 wins with four of a kind, queens (Qh Qd)

Still this type of hands are not discouraging me. So keep it up dude. Read and try to improve urself. And ofcourse play more. Experience and bad beats will make solid player.
    • NRGBlaze
      NRGBlaze
      Bronze
      Originally posted by p0kerQT
      Thx all. I guess I am a bit pessimistic. There have been times when I win with a worse hand, n times when I've thought I'll never win a hand again but it does turn around. I just need to try not let my frame of mind affect my ability to play good poker.

I just wish there was a miracle secret (which I knew ofc) that would make me a winner all the time, rather than breakeven/losing player, but there isn't! Even the best pro's have downswings, not saying I'm a pro but I could be a winning player if I put the effort in, have the patience and be disciplined.
      I'm sure that you'll find the secret man. Just keep trying! ;)
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      It is bad if you can't win in several months. I know how you feel. I myself just came out of a downswing with SnG of 35 buy-ins. luckely my mtt are going a bit better so I only losted like $ 300 over these last few months :( . Hope you will get an opswing soon because that's in my oppinion the most effective way of ending a downswing :p.
    • xxbchxx
      xxbchxx
      Bronze
      I'm seriously thinking of quitting poker, I can't seem to win anymore, every time I seem to get my money in with the best hand I lose to bull$hit.

AQ vs A9 hit a 9

AK vs A7 flopped 3oak

QQ vs 44 hit a straight

JJ vs AQ hit trips

Whenever I'm behind I never get lucky when it matters but always lose when I'm ahead

HOLD TIGHT KEEP TO YOUR PLAN AND IT WILL SWING BACK .....
      iTS EASY TO REMEMBER ALL THE BAD BEATS........
      IF YOU PLAY WITH FISH , DONT COMPLAIN WHEN THEY BITE....THERE RUN WONT LAST EITHER?
    • Semesa
      Semesa
      Bronze
      Originally posted by xxbchxx

AQ vs A9 hit a 9

AK vs A7 flopped 3oak

QQ vs 44 hit a straight

JJ vs AQ hit trips

HOLD TIGHT KEEP TO YOUR PLAN AND IT WILL SWING BACK .....
      iTS EASY TO REMEMBER ALL THE BAD BEATS........
      IF YOU PLAY WITH FISH , DONT COMPLAIN WHEN THEY BITE....THERE RUN WONT LAST EITHER?
      that being said, by the time their run runs out you may be broke.

this happened to me
    • bogie
      bogie
      Global
      im still playing after 7 months downswing........ i like being a loser. keep your chin up, you could be worse than me ! lol :P :P

im gonna call the doctor when i make $10 , cos something must be wrong :P