[NL20-NL50] FR NL50 DeepTable, i love poker :D

• silent21
      silent21
      Global
      Guys take a look what happened me today. I dont think i played them badly but this hands are so hilarious so i decided to post them.

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by http://www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, A (Comment)
      UTG+2 raises to $1.75, 6 folds, Hero raises to $3.00, UTG+2 calls $1.25.

Flop: ($6.25) A, Q, T (2 players) (Comment)
      Hero checks, UTG+2 bets $6.25, Hero raises to $19.00, UTG+2 raises to $101.70 (All-In), Hero calls $82.70.

Turn: ($209.65) 8 (Comment)
      River: ($209.65) Q (Comment)

Final Pot: $209.65

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a full-house, aces full of queens (As Ah)
      UTG+2 shows four of a kind, queens (Qh Qd)

UTG+2 wins with four of a kind, queens (Qh Qd)

Ofcourse he hitted the only hand in the deck that would help him on the river.

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by http://www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, A (Comment)
      3 folds, MP2 raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $5.00, 4 folds, MP2 calls $3.50.

Flop: ($10.75) Q, A, K (2 players) (Comment)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $10.00, MP2 raises to $25.50, Hero raises to $80.50 (All-In), MP2 calls $55.00.

Turn: ($171.75) J (Comment)
      River: ($171.75) 6 (Comment)

Final Pot: $171.75

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows three of a kind, aces (Ac As)
      MP2 shows a straight, ace high (Js Td)

MP2 wins with a straight, ace high (Js Td)

I still cannot understand how this guys being out of position called my preflop 5$ raise with JTo.

anyway i will be grateful for any comments.
  • 7 replies
    • gggeorgio
      gggeorgio
      Bronze
      On the first hand I wouldn't have checked my set of Aces just because i was the preflop raiser so it's normal that I'd bet the flop. If you check and he checks behind and a K/J hits the turn then you no longer have much of a clue where you are in the hand, and you'd have wished you bet.

Other than that, you have the second nuts on both hands and you get it in on the flop. You can't ask for much more than that...just bad beats.
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      why min3bet?
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      about the hand where i got beat by straight, i bet on flop because KQ were suited so i dont wanna give a free card... suits are missin....sry for my just copy and paste of the hands....
    • gggeorgio
      gggeorgio
      Bronze
      ya kruppe,

i missed the min 3 bet preflop in the first hand. Definitely an error. A standard three bet is way better.
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      ur kidding me, so u think if i had done 3bet he would fold his QQ preflop?

imo 3betting is soooo overrated. 3bet this 3bet that - after 3bet it is sooo easy to find the hand of the villain
    • texbball33
      texbball33
      Bronze
      I agree that the 3 bet size in the first hand was a mistake. It obviously wouldn't have mattered here, but you shouldn't be too concerned with the outcome of one hand, only the process leading to better play and more +EV. If you're posting the hand and trying to identify mistakes then there it is. If you 3 bet big and he calls with J10, like in the second hand, then the opponent made the mistake and not you. 3 betting preflop is a great way to dominate these stakes, but you have to do it with a variety of hands so they can't put you on a definite range and play you perfectly.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      You should 3-bet 3x times pf raiser, I´d make it even 4$ if we´re deep.
      As gggeorgio said you should continue postflop if you hit monster, since you want to get paid by worse hands.
      Just unlucky, getting it all-in with top set is not a mistake.