Lag / Tag / Lag+Tag

• BuchoCZ
      BuchoCZ
      Black
      Hi there,
      I got an idea today and I would like some opinions of more experienced players. I play NL25 SH at Carbon and I just had minor upswing after playing BE for some time. At Carbon, I can't use Poker Tracker due to specific hand history format of the Merge Gaming Network, which is one of the reasons I'm moving to Poker Kings (probably this site) soon. This doesn't really relate to my idea, but a small introduction is never harmed anybody. Yeah, I forgot, I try to play LAG style, raising a lot.It is just more fun. Still have some problems with my 4th and 5th street play though...

Ok, here is it.. If a player plays on a level, where most of the players use Poker Tracker and pay attention to opponent stats ( I guess it could be NL50, but maybe higher - I would like some feedback on this too)... is it a good idea for him to switch styles, if he is capable of managing it? I mean one time play TAG, the other time LAG style... The opponents would just have a greater respect of my raises (if they have mixed stats) or call me more. Of course this won't make a difference and it is not the head-stone of the play, but it COULD give me a better chance, if opponents will make decisions based on not-so-exact stats. I discussed this with my friend and he told me that it won't be working because - why to play a style you like less than the other and is less paying? But he did mention that there were players, who shared one account - and had different play styles.

So, any comments welcome. Further, I would like to know how much experience do you think is needed for switching play styles on regulary basis (or not so regular for bigger safety). Thanks in advance. Cya ;-)
  • 2 replies
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Till Nl100 I suggest to just play tag. On Nl200 and above it's definitely good if you are able to switch styles. And it's not even like playing hal an hor tag and then lag. It's more like against this player I play more aggressive, because he is weak or on this table I raise more, because they don't play back and so on....it's more like getting into the game flow. I hope that makes sense. ^^

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • BuchoCZ
      BuchoCZ
      Black
      yeah, that makes sense.. but usually, if you raise preflop, there are more than one opponent left. So most of the time it won't be simple to adjust style right there, would it? (sure there are hands......) My post flop style of play would probably remain the same - and I would adjust that to my opp. So what I was talking about was preflop rate of tightness