100 Bi Vs 30 Bi

• jackwilder077
      jackwilder077
      Bronze
      hi guys

I am lost between the 30 BI strategy (move down after losing 5 BI ) and the 100 BI strategy !!

I read many books some of them advice the 100 BI (treat your poker like a business)(frosty was using it) and some of them the 30 BI ( poker- blueprint)(Harrington)

-mmm..the 30 BI it is good for moving up faster and playing vs better regs (to improve my game)

but I don't know if it is very hard or easy mentally to move down many times and rebuild BR..

and you have to look to your bankroll every day to make sure that you are not losing more than 5 bis

-the 100 bis strategy you can play around a month and don't look to your BR and don't feel the swings !!

but tri in his book (poker blueprint) ...he is hugely against the 100 bis strategy ,SPECIALLY when we are young (like me 21)
      -you will move up very slowly
      - you cant play vs better players to improve your games
      -when you are older you have more responsibilities ,so you cant take a lot of shots ...
      - the 30 bis makes you study more when your shots fail

my story : I build my BR to 1500$ by winning at NL10 then I started playing at nl25,
      I played around 50k then I LOOKED TO MY BR for the first time and I was breakeven
      then I played the next 60k hands without looking to my BR then I discovered that I am in a big downswing ..around 22 BI :f_cool: ( no sets :P + the nl10 strategy didnt work well at nl25 )

(all that that I was playing comfortably without feeling the swings )

then I decided to move down and rebuild..at nl10

my plan was to build around 5000$ at nl25 to start playing with 100 bis at nl50

but now I am confused about the best BR strategy !! should I use the 30 BI and move up and down a lot and improve my mindset or keep using the 100 bi strategy !

I know it is very personal dependent ,but I am just curious to know your opinion guys,and what do you prefer ?

thanks
  • 5 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Absurd to play with 100bi BRM if your living doesn't depend on it. Moving up and down is part of poker, don't take it personally and you'll be fine.

Did you work on your game at all during those 110k hands?
    • jackwilder077
      jackwilder077
      Bronze
      ofc I worked on my game during to 100k hands .I made a lot of adjustments ( A LOTS)
      but it seems it is not enough ! ...

so I took a break from grinding and study a lot of my leaks in around a week..

but I have to rebuild at nl10 and I think I am gonna start using to 30 BI strategy.
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      I think it's the right decision. You've already established yourself as an NL10 winner, and NL10-25 is soft enough to allow most players known as winning to move up before dropping 30 BI. 100-BI BRM is for braindead regfish like yours truly whose 'learning curve' period is longer.

The initial NL10 period should be included into your 'learning curve' too, so you're $1K up (50-70 avg BI, assuming that your avg bb has been $0.16-0.20 lifetime) without even adding the FPP value if I've read correctly, which means that you've been doing extremely well. Don't worry. 110K hands are yet too few - the observed all-in EV winrate is by >1.5 bb/100 lower than the 'real' one in >15% of cases.
    • MJPerry
      MJPerry
      Bronze

If you're not comfortable with 30BI and 100BI is too much, then 50/60 seems like a reasonable compromise, no?
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      I play with 300BI for my limit because thats the BI I feel comfortable with. Call me a nit.

To OP: Play with a BR that your comfortable with.