This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

New HUSNG player

• boubougne
      boubougne
      Bronze
      Hi everybody,

Just wanted to say hello here.
      I'm french canadian but I'm "decent" with english as well so I want to benefit from both community.

I just started a challenge in the challenge forum here it is:
      Simple HUSNG volume challenge

So, about my poker life. I have been playing for a while (started in 2006) online only. Now I play mostly HUSNG. I would'nt consider myself as a begginer but I have lots of leaks. I never played anything else then micros because... well because I'm not rich so when I made good scores I cashed out.

I'm a BIG consumer of poker books but mainly vids. I watched gigs and gigs of them. I watch to much theory and advance concepts for the level I play.

Lots of the time, I KNOW what the right move is but I dont succeed doing it. Especially againts (aggro or spewy players).

Anyway, my goal with my challenge is to know where I stand so, I'm gonna try doing this and then make a plan for the futur and hopefully getting out of the micros.

Thanks for reading and best of luck to you all !!

:spade: :heart: :diamond: :club:
  • 5 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, boubougne,
      Glad to have you aboard.

Your challenge looks, well, challenging.

How many do you play at once?

The problem I find with volume challenges is that there will be days when you can't play for whatever reason.

So now I set my daily targets assuming I will need to miss 10 days a month.

Oh -- I just realized you did that :)
      50 x 20 = 1000
      :facepalm:

It's good to have another Canadian around here :D

Best of luck!
      --VS
    • boubougne
      boubougne
      Bronze
      Well, you just made me realise something there... hehehe !

Thanks.

I'm going into more details and answer on my challenge page.

Simple HUSNG volume challenge
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey Boubougne!

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com!

Oh wow HUSNG's… I really hate HU play tbh but then thats just me being a fish I guess :facepalm:

Taking on a volume challenge is very good I think. Playing enough is also a key to success. I was disappointed about my 2013 volume so I set myself some kind of goal as well. I want to play 300k hands in 2014.

Gl at the tables

RasTweet
    • boubougne
      boubougne
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RasTweet
      Hey Boubougne!

Oh wow HUSNG's… I really hate HU play tbh but then thats just me being a fish I guess :facepalm:

Taking on a volume challenge is very good I think. Playing enough is also a key to success. I was disappointed about my 2013 volume so I set myself some kind of goal as well. I want to play 300k hands in 2014.

Gl at the tables

RasTweet
      I have to say I think getting better in HU play is pretty much getting better everywhere else, no ? ;) Don't we almost always end up "Heads up" in a pot. :f_biggrin:

I love it for the action and for reading situations but I understand it sometimes sucks big time !! eheheh!

GL with your challenge!
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by boubougne
      Originally posted by RasTweet
      Hey Boubougne!

Gl at the tables

RasTweet
      I have to say I think getting better in HU play is pretty much getting better everywhere else, no ? ;) Don't we almost always end up "Heads up" in a pot. :f_biggrin:

I love it for the action and for reading situations but I understand it sometimes sucks big time !! eheheh!

GL with your challenge!
      I hate you because you are right :(

I've tried some HU. But it's soo random. I have problems with putting ppl on ranges in a SH game. How the hell can I put them on a range in a HU game then?

But then this does mean that I don't have the right mindset either.