New HUSNG player

• boubougne
      boubougne
      Bronze
      Hi everybody,

Just wanted to say hello here.
      I'm french canadian but I'm "decent" with english as well so I want to benefit from both community.

I just started a challenge in the challenge forum here it is:
      Simple HUSNG volume challenge

So, about my poker life. I have been playing for a while (started in 2006) online only. Now I play mostly HUSNG. I would'nt consider myself as a begginer but I have lots of leaks. I never played anything else then micros because... well because I'm not rich so when I made good scores I cashed out.

I'm a BIG consumer of poker books but mainly vids. I watched gigs and gigs of them. I watch to much theory and advance concepts for the level I play.

Lots of the time, I KNOW what the right move is but I dont succeed doing it. Especially againts (aggro or spewy players).

Anyway, my goal with my challenge is to know where I stand so, I'm gonna try doing this and then make a plan for the futur and hopefully getting out of the micros.

Thanks for reading and best of luck to you all !!

:spade: :heart: :diamond: :club:
  • 5 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, boubougne,
      Glad to have you aboard.

Your challenge looks, well, challenging.

How many do you play at once?

The problem I find with volume challenges is that there will be days when you can't play for whatever reason.

So now I set my daily targets assuming I will need to miss 10 days a month.

Oh -- I just realized you did that :)
      50 x 20 = 1000
      :facepalm:

It's good to have another Canadian around here :D

Best of luck!
      --VS
    • boubougne
      boubougne
      Bronze
      Well, you just made me realise something there... hehehe !

Thanks.

I'm going into more details and answer on my challenge page.

Simple HUSNG volume challenge
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey Boubougne!

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com!

Oh wow HUSNG's… I really hate HU play tbh but then thats just me being a fish I guess :facepalm:

Taking on a volume challenge is very good I think. Playing enough is also a key to success. I was disappointed about my 2013 volume so I set myself some kind of goal as well. I want to play 300k hands in 2014.

Gl at the tables

RasTweet
    • boubougne
      boubougne
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RasTweet
      Hey Boubougne!

Oh wow HUSNG's… I really hate HU play tbh but then thats just me being a fish I guess :facepalm:

Taking on a volume challenge is very good I think. Playing enough is also a key to success. I was disappointed about my 2013 volume so I set myself some kind of goal as well. I want to play 300k hands in 2014.

Gl at the tables

RasTweet
      I have to say I think getting better in HU play is pretty much getting better everywhere else, no ? ;) Don't we almost always end up "Heads up" in a pot. :f_biggrin:

I love it for the action and for reading situations but I understand it sometimes sucks big time !! eheheh!

GL with your challenge!
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by boubougne
      Originally posted by RasTweet
      Hey Boubougne!

Gl at the tables

RasTweet
      I have to say I think getting better in HU play is pretty much getting better everywhere else, no ? ;) Don't we almost always end up "Heads up" in a pot. :f_biggrin:

I love it for the action and for reading situations but I understand it sometimes sucks big time !! eheheh!

GL with your challenge!
      I hate you because you are right :(

I've tried some HU. But it's soo random. I have problems with putting ppl on ranges in a SH game. How the hell can I put them on a range in a HU game then?

But then this does mean that I don't have the right mindset either.