PLO Range visualization tool

• CbHyBaM
      CbHyBaM
      Bronze
      Hi,

I would like to ask if there is a program which would help me visualize the combos which represent the "%" of the ranges of my opponent.

Just to be sure that it`s clear what I`m talking about - is there a: "FlopZilla" kind of program for PLO? I don`t even need to have all the information which "FlopZilla" is capable of providing.

What I need is to see what combos enter into say: 32% VPIP, 15% VPIP and any other kind of VPIP %.

Regards
  • 2 replies
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      That is sort of impossible. Here is an example that illustrates the problem.

Our opponent has 3bet 5%. Now we want to know what that range is. If we just think that it's top 5%, it would consist only AAxx and KKxx. But his 3bet range might be all AAxx and broadway rundowns. Or only rundowns. Or only 2 pair hands.

Since we don't know that, we have to make notes.

So if someone opens 20% overall, it might be that his 20% is different range from UTG and from BTN. Or against different types of opponents. Opening range might be different against aggressive player and against calling station.

In PLO there are so many things that affect our hand selection. Even if we look just the xx% of best hands, it would be different in HU and multiway pots. KKxx isnt a great hand when two tight players start to put money in the pot, but KQJTds is. And sometimes KKxx is better hand preflop than KQJTds is. So it's quite impossible to do FlopZilla kind of stuff for PLO.
    • Johnis
      Johnis
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kyyberi
      That is sort of impossible. Here is an example that illustrates the problem.

Our opponent has 3bet 5%. Now we want to know what that range is. If we just think that it's top 5%, it would consist only AAxx and KKxx. But his 3bet range might be all AAxx and broadway rundowns. Or only rundowns. Or only 2 pair hands.

Since we don't know that, we have to make notes.

So if someone opens 20% overall, it might be that his 20% is different range from UTG and from BTN. Or against different types of opponents. Opening range might be different against aggressive player and against calling station.

In PLO there are so many things that affect our hand selection. Even if we look just the xx% of best hands, it would be different in HU and multiway pots. KKxx isnt a great hand when two tight players start to put money in the pot, but KQJTds is. And sometimes KKxx is better hand preflop than KQJTds is. So it's quite impossible to do FlopZilla kind of stuff for PLO.
      This exact same can be said for NL holdem. You never know, if your opponent 3b polarized, linear or some other kind of range (you can always 3b only trash against nits who fold 100% to 3b, and call all monsters). It doesn't make this impossible to visualize the range. It would of course be more difficult to visualize, as there are many more combos of possible hands. The guy was simply asking about the software.