January Volume & Poker Goals Pool - PROP OR CHARITY POOL IN FEB?

• JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      Last month there was a very disapoting atendence in the Volume & Poker Goals Pool thread, but I will give it another shot, and hopefully more people will sign up for this month.

The idea is to set goals for one self, but there is an entry fee to make it more motivating to reach the goals, the entry fee is chosen by the person who joins. If the goal is not reached at the end of the month the fee shall be paid to a third party chosen by the community (I will happily do this if people trust me) and that third party will donate the money to a charity organization which also will be chosen by the community.

Please gve some charity recommendations. I don't care what country it is in although if the website for donating is not in English then I will need some help from whoever recommends it both for donating and for explaining the charity to the pool participants.

Rules

There will be a few rules, just to make sure people are serious about this, the rules following:

• Escrow your entry fee if you are not known or have nobody to vouch for you.
      • 4th January Midnight UK is the deadline for you to enter or withdraw.
      • For volume and hourly goals we need to see a screenshot with your stars name (you can pm me if you prefer) and the month of the pool as evidence that you have completed your volume goal.

A few examples are below:

• Hours in a month - Set yourself a target of say 100 hours
      • VPPS in the month - Set yourself a target of vpps earned
      • Volume - Set yourself a target of hands played
      • Anything else you can think of that can be proven with evidence of screenshots
  • 22 replies
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      Volume Pool
      50,000 hands - JCSeerup - $100

VPP Pool

Hour Pool
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      "4th December Midnight UK is the deadline for you to enter or withdraw."

Ahem... :rolleyes:

I'll be in for sure, I just need to think of something to throw in there ;)
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      Originally posted by JCSeerup
      we need to see a screenshot with your stars name

I do have a Stars account tracked to PStrat but that's not where the volume will be; I'll pay more rake to its owner Playtech than to PStrat itself, sorry.

(This may be reverted if PStrat persuades Stars to allow Russians to deposit € from e-wallets, seriously, this is nationalist and tilting that Stars are the only site that has games in € unlike US-facing networks but makes me, unlike EU residents, pay Neteller's or Skrill's exchange fees having Net and Skrill accts in €, as it has chosen to charge these wallets only in $ from Russians; even FTP, when already under the same owner, didn't rape me like that and could charge in €.)
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ThatGuyMatt
      "4th December Midnight UK is the deadline for you to enter or withdraw."

Ahem... :rolleyes:

I'll be in for sure, I just need to think of something to throw in there ;)
      Lol, I was copy pasting a bit too quickly :D

Originally posted by tonypmm
      we need to see a screenshot with your stars name
      I do have a Stars account tracked to PStrat but that's not where the volume will be; I'll pay more rake to its owner Playtech than to PStrat itself, sorry.

(This may be reverted if PStrat persuades Stars to allow Russians to deposit € from e-wallets, seriously, this is nationalist and tilting that Stars are the only site that has games in € unlike US-facing networks but makes me, unlike EU residents, pay Neteller's or Skrill's exchange fees having Net and Skrill accts in €, as it has chosen to charge these wallets only in $ from Russians; even FTP, when already under the same owner, didn't rape me like that and could charge in €.)
      It doesn't matter what site you play at, also it doesn't matter if you are tracked on pokerstrategy. Stars is just the site you have to pay on if you don't reach the goal.
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Volume Pool

50,000 hands - $100 (may edit volume tomorrow, $100 for sure)

I'll PM you my stars nick.

Do you need me to escrow? Not super active, but float around and had a staking deal which went well so I can ask for a ref if you require one.
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      Originally posted by holmeboy
      Volume Pool

Do you need me to escrow? Not super active, but float around and had a staking deal which went well so I can ask for a ref if you require one.
      No, you don't need to escrow, have seen you a lot and you seem trustworthy enough. :)
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by holmeboy
      Volume Pool

Will you ever win a volume bet, sir? :f_biggrin:
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Haha.

I figure its for a good cause; better to donate $100 to a charity then $5 to you :P
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      It doesn't matter what site you play at, also it doesn't matter if you are tracked on pokerstrategy. Stars is just the site you have to pay on if you don't reach the goal.
      Ah, OK. And it's indeed better to donate money to charity (I'll almost certainly fail to meet any goal I set :f_biggrin: ) than to regs, especially because the former option triggers a good run :f_grin: (touch wood).
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      So far so good, ThatGuyMatt and tonypmm, did you also want to join with some goals?

Volume Pool
      50,000 hands - JCSeerup - $100
      50,000 hands - Holmeboy - $100

VPP Pool

Hour Pool
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Although I will be playing poker this month, I won't be taking too crazy with volume as I want to focus more on quality and study and I will start to take it much more seriously in Feb.

I will however stake $50 that I'll make 200 Posts this month, if that's allowed?
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      Don't see why not.

Volume Pool
      65,000 hands - JCSeerup - $100
      50,000 hands - Holmeboy - $100

Other
      200 Posts - TheGuyMatt - $50
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      So far so good, ThatGuyMatt and tonypmm, did you also want to join with some goals?
      Well, I've finally decided against it because 1) I'm already in several points races and chases that are big monetary incentives and will make me neither bored nor lazy, 2) I wouldn't feel good if I completed a volume challenge and this prevented money from going to charity. I don't regard a donation as a personal loss.

If we had a real betting pool where I could win other participants' money if I were less lazy than them, it would motivate me more, but I see how difficult it is to organise such a pool with fair rules when goals differ so much. GL to the participants!
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tonypmm
      Well, I've finally decided against it because 1) I'm already in several points races and chases that are big monetary incentives and will make me neither bored nor lazy, 2) I wouldn't feel good if I completed a volume challenge and this prevented money from going to charity. I don't regard a donation as a personal loss.

If we had a real betting pool where I could win other participants' money if I were less lazy than them, it would motivate me more, but I see how difficult it is to organise such a pool with fair rules when goals differ so much. GL to the participants!
      I have thought about changing it to a betting pool next month since 2-3 participants is pretty boring.

On 2p2 it used to be a betting pool, but everybody signed up for the lowest volume pool where they were sure to not lose and maybe win $10-20 which is why it got changed. We can give it a shot in here, but with the rule that people have to show last months volume and can't go into a pool thats >10% lower than the volume they put previous month.

There would then be fixed pools like 50k, 65k, 80k, 100k hans etc. with a fixed amount say $50, $75 or $100.

Any thoughts on that?
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      How far are you guys on your goals for the month?

• holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      I'm 45k hands so far. One day to go!
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Pretty sure mine will make it to the exact number :P
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Will you do the same thing in February too?
      I'd love to join you guys :)
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CoreySteel
      Will you do the same thing in February too?
      I'd love to join you guys :)
      Not sure, there has not been too much interest so far, people seem to be more interested when they can make money from it.

I have thought about making it a betting pool where people sign up for a pool of lets say 50,000 hands for $50, and if some one doesn't make it the $50 will be split between the others.

I like tonypmm's point about you don't feel super good about making the goal when you know it's 'taking' money from charity.

On 2p2 there used to be a betting pool, but people kinda ruined it by everybody signing up for the lowest pool to get some free EV. I think by setting two rules we can overcome that. 1. You can't set a goal 10% lower than last months volume. 2. Only hands from you normal stake counts (you cant 8 table NL2 ZOOM the last day to make it if you narmaly play lets say NL25).

I would like to hear what people would be up for next month so we can keep some kinda pool going as a motivation. :)