[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Aa

• Fongie
      I got dealt AA first time this day on the BB (sucky day), and the only action I got was the SB who completed. I decided that if I raised he would immedliatly fold so I tried to slowplay them - rather laying them down on a tricky board than to win 10 cents from them. Was it OK played? I didn't spot any danger until the river where a J 10 would've beat me but I couldn't put him on it. Basically, I'm trying to justify slowplaying aces for the first time :P

Known players:

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:heart: , A:diamond:
      6 folds, SB calls $0,05, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,20) Q:club: , 9:diamond: , 5:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $0,20, Hero calls $0,20.

Turn: ($0,60) 2:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $0,30, Hero calls $0,30.

River: ($1,20) K:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $0,60, Hero raises to $1,40 (All-In), SB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back..

Final Pot: $2,40

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of aces (Ah Ad)

Hero wins with a pair of aces (Ah Ad)
  • 1 reply
    • Gerv
      Hi Fongie,

Under any circumstances, you cannot justify your slowplaying as SSS'er with AA/KK. Back in the days, I slowplayed some of them as well on NL25 and I got sucked out because I got free cards, or I gain less money by just calling.

The optimal way of getting most value out of your hands is by raising, and with AA/KK you want to generate as much money because often, you win.

Sometimes you wont get any action with Monsters but you should live with it, its part of the game.

As played, the board was very dry so I should have minReraised on the Turn to get more money in the pot.

River, easy shove if he bets or if he checks.

- Gerv

PS, I had AA on the BB today and everyone folded. I won 1/2BB ;)