$10,45
      Hero:
      $2,00
      CO:
      $10,60
      BU:
      $1,40

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:club: , Q:club:
      UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls $0,10, MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0,50, 4 folds, MP1 calls $0,40.

Flop: ($1,15) 8:heart: , 8:spade: , 4:diamond: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0,40, Hero raises to $1,50 (All-In), MP1 calls $1,10.

Turn: ($4,15) 5:club:
      River: ($4,15) 8:club:

Final Pot: $4,15

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows three of a kind, eights (Ac Qc)
      MP1 shows a full-house, eights full of fives (5d Ad)

MP1 wins with a full-house, eights full of fives (5d Ad)

I thought he would fold a 4 to my reraise and put me on an overpair. If you don't look at the result (him being a lucky donk), do I fold to his bet there on the flop? Normally I wouldn't push there but I had classified this table as a LAGgy-maniac type of table.
  • 4 replies
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      without reads you have to fold to the donkout since it usually means a pocket pair ( a 4 is not folding, any pocket pair calls you here ) if you read the player as a donkey he could have ace-rag here, maybe KQ or other sad holdings so i would push.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi Fongie,

First of all - I recommend you to remove the result on any hand you post. The simple reason is that it can influence people's verdict. In the end, it can cause you losing money because we give the wrong advice.

As played:

PreFlop: Ok
      Flop:
      What we know is Villain Limp/Called the Flop, so we can(should) exclude AA-QQ and AK.

On the Flop he donkbets 1/3 of the pot. I think here it's fairly easy to push.
      But let's assume that when you push, Villain always calls. So we are calculating your Equity based on a worst-case scenario(call of Villain)
      Pot= $1.15 + $1.5
      Invested amount $1.5
      2.65:1.5
      1.75:1~
      = 36%

Now you missed the flop and got 2 overcards. I think you can count your 6 outs as clean so for 6 outs you need a pot odds of 3,1:1 to be +EV. Since your Pot Odds are only 1.75:1 (P < Odds) , you will be losing money in the long run if you push here.

Remember
      P > Odds = +ExpectedValue
      P < Odds = -EV

My advice is to fold and note him down that he makes a donkbet out of position.

I hope it makes sense,

- Gerv
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      How does it help me to know that he donks OOP on the flop if I don't know what he donks with (since I was folding)?
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Fongie
      How does it help me to know that he donks OOP on the flop if I don't know what he donks with (since I was folding)?
      Well if he does this a 2nd time or more, you can assume that he doesnt do this with a good hand.

Compare it with your continuation bet: You always make a continuation bet regardless if you hit or not.

If he donks the flop often, you can push here as it is unlikely Villain has hit something.