Account still frozen 2 weeks after sending ID documents

• TobiasGT
      TobiasGT
      Basic
      Signed up for a skrill account. Verified my details. Deposited some money so I could play on 888poker and then other gambling sites. A few days after opening the account I try to make a deposit and it comes up with the warning saying I can't deposit for security reasons.

I check my email and it says my account is frozen and to send proof of identity. On the 17th of December I reply to the email, sending the required ID documents along with my name and username included in the email. I receive an automated case created email back.

1 week goes by, it's the 24th of December, and my account is still frozen. Not only am I unable to withdraw my money from sites I have deposited to but I also have my money trapped in the skrill account.

I am now worried. I start sending emails explaining how I've already sent my ID documents and querying how long until my account becomes usable again. All I receive are automated responses. I've sent 7-8 more emails and just receive the same automated response. Sending more emails seems to be a pointless exercise.

Today is the 31st of December. I emailed my documents on the 17th of December and my account is still frozen. My money is being held hostage by skrill. This is causing me much stress.
  • 10 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey TobiasGT,

Sadly this time of year support will be a bit slower than usual. You could try sending an email to pokerstrategy@skrill.com.

Alternately, you could send a ticket to our customer support team to look into.

Keep us updated

Laz
    • WillyD
      WillyD
      Bronze
      Heard that the best way to deal with skrill is to phone them.

GL with that
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by WillyD
      Heard that the best way to deal with skrill is to phone them.

GL with that
      Correct and thank you :)
    • TobiasGT
      TobiasGT
      Basic
      After sending 2 emails via pokerstrategy@skrill.com I just received 2 more of the same automated emails.

I was afraid to call UK from Australia because I thought it costs a lot of money. I've never had to call anyone outside Australia. My mother told me it use to cost around $1 a minute to call international numbers but times have changed. To my suprise, I found out, depending on what phone plan it could cost as cheap as 3 cents a minute now.

So I gave them a ring about 15 minutes ago. So it was about 9:50am in the UK. It was a short wait in queue for about 1-2 minutes. The guy on the phone said my case would be reviewed by security today. I ask him to clarify what that meant. He said my case would be reviewed today so that if my ID documents check out my account would be unfrozen. And that I would also receive an email response some time later today.

I asked if it was a coincidence that my case is being reviewed today or if it was because I'm making this call. He said it was just a coincidence that they are reviewing the case today but that he would have escalated my case after this call if this had not been the situation. (Though sending an email via pokerstrategy@skrill.com may have gotten their attention. I don't know. I can only speculate)

I'm feeling a little more hopeful that I'll be united with my money soon.
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      That's great to hear! Keep us updated please :)
    • TobiasGT
      TobiasGT
      Basic
      Just logged in. My account works now.

I did not receive any email response as the the guy on the phone said I would within 24 hours of the call, but at least my account works.

The colour of the upload and withdraw buttons confused me. I actually logged into skrill a few hours before and saw that the upload and withdraw buttons were grey coloured. So thought that meant my account was still frozen as I thought they were meant to be green and red coloured. Then when I logged on a few minutes ago saw that the buttons were still grey coloured, except that this time I tried to make a deposit and it worked.

Hooray and what a long and agonizing wait.

Thanks for your support everyone. Much appreciated.
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Glad you were able to get things sorted out and get your account back!
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TinoLaan
      Glad you were able to get things sorted out and get your account back!
    • Azisein442
      Azisein442
      Basic
      my money booker account has been frozen after i submit my documents for verification after submit documents i received there mail your account has been verified when i wanna to make withdraw and deposit i did not complete we are unable to perform please touch with us i'm worried about it please any body help me my money booker mail is [Edited by Lazza61]
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Azisein442,

All i can suggest is to keep trying to contact Skrill support. Their emaill response times are notoriously slow.

If your spoken English is Ok, you could try ringing them. We've had a few of our members get their problems sorted a lot quicker that way.

Regards

Laz