[NL2-NL10] 33 Mp2

• MasterAZ
      MasterAZ
      Bronze
      Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 3, 3 (Comment)
      MP1 calls $0,10, Hero calls $0,10, MP3 calls $0,10, 3 folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($0,45) 3s, Qh, 7s (4 players) (Comment)
      BB checks, MP1 bets $0,20, Hero raises to $0,60, 2 folds, MP1 calls $0,40.

Turn: ($1,65) 4h (2 players) (Comment)
      MP1 bets $0,20, Hero raises to $1,10, MP1 calls $0,90.

River: ($3,85) 2s (2 players) (Comment)
      MP1 raises $2,29 (All-In), Hero raises to $2,00 (All-In).

Final Pot: $8,14

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows three of a kind, threes (3h 3c)
      MP1 shows a flush, king high (9s Ks)

MP1 wins with a flush, king high (9s Ks)
  • 7 replies
    • Puciek
      Puciek
      Bronze
      fold pref. Play only hands from chart.
    • MasterAZ
      MasterAZ
      Bronze
      Surely, I know that, although that'd be boring anyway, but correct.
      But, I'd like to ask about postflop play.
    • Puciek
      Puciek
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MasterAZ
      Surely, I know that, although that'd be boring anyway, but correct.
      If you will not follow sss chart because it's boring, you will loose money, and a lot of it. You must follow it 100% of time.
      Also i think that u sit here with way to big stack to sss, you may want to reread basic articles.
    • MasterAZ
      MasterAZ
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PuciekIf you will not follow sss chart because it's boring, you will loose money, and a lot of it. You must follow it 100% of time.
      Also i think that u sit here with way to big stack to sss, you may want to reread basic articles.
      I already agreed, that that's completely correct. So would you mind telling me if there were any mistakes in my postflop play, or my preflop-call was the only one?
    • Jaime001254
      Jaime001254
      Bronze
      fold pf

bet hard, there s a drawing board....
      id pot size or even 4/3 flop & all in on turn

the call on the river, i think ill need stats.... but i think you should fold, it looked like a draw, and he made it.

if you think ss is boring then play bss, or multitable, but playing 33 from mp1 is suicide in sss
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      First of all: you should definately stick to SSS if youre going to do it at all..

And if youre not:

Your reraise on the turn was too weak, with his bet the pot is 1,85 and you raise to 1,10, so you made him draw out on you too cheaply. The bets on the flop and turn are obvious blockbets to draw cheaply on you, so I would push the turn. Youre planning to go all in on the river anyway no matter what card comes, so you should push it on the turn to make him fold his flushdraw.
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Fongie
      First of all: you should definately stick to SSS if youre going to do it at all..

And if youre not:

Your reraise on the turn was too weak, with his bet the pot is 1,85 and you raise to 1,10, so you made him draw out on you too cheaply. The bets on the flop and turn are obvious blockbets to draw cheaply on you, so I would push the turn. Youre planning to go all in on the river anyway no matter what card comes, so you should push it on the turn to make him fold his flushdraw.

In SSS we only need 2 streets to shove all in, and you want to get there by the turn at the latest. In addition to the cheap draw issue if you get to the river and push all-in the chum either made his draw and takes your 2bucks, or he missed his draw (folds) and escapes with 2bucks. Your flop bet always sets up your turn bet and you are going broke with a set, so make sure you calculate the bet/raise according to your remaining chipstack to be able to push with one caller on the next street.

If you can play better post flop, then gimping smallPP from MP is sometimes a good play, depending on the table.