This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

S&G's with Rebuys

• vaulsc
      vaulsc
      Bronze
      I've recently got into Sit and Go's and have been doing alright with them, making some deep runs. Yesterday I registered for a $3.50 + Rebuys event for the first time but it struck me that I didn't know any strategy about when to use a rebuy. Some players used it straight away, others re-bought as soon as they were busted, while others simply chose not to re-buy if they lost their chips.

Where can I find some knowledge about how to decide when or whether to rebuy in events like this?
  • 4 replies
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hey vaulsc,

We have a few videos on how to approach the $3.50R SNG's in our Video Section. Sadly they're Silver+ :(

Silver is super easy to get though, you can earn yourself a cheeky 10SP bonus for each day you earn 1SP, check it out at ===Get an Extra 10 StrategyPoints a Day ===

I personally always use the Rebuy straight away, the early stages are where the fish are, I want to have enough chips to cover any fish that I can get into a hand with!
    • vaulsc
      vaulsc
      Bronze
      Thanks. I was a silver user but reverted back to Bronze while I took a break from playing online. Will look this up after I renew the status.
    • Anssi
      Anssi
      Black
      Originally posted by ThatGuyMatt

I personally always use the Rebuy straight away, the early stages are where the fish are, I want to have enough chips to cover any fish that I can get into a hand with!
      Opening with rebuy pretty much goes against ICM though.
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Anssi
      Originally posted by ThatGuyMatt

Opening with rebuy pretty much goes against ICM though.
      :f_eek:

I didn't know this! Then again, I play SNG's only for fun.

I can see how it would be a made move in higher stakes, but at Micros where there are so many fish, do you think it's still a bad move?