S&G's with Rebuys

• vaulsc
      vaulsc
      Bronze
      I've recently got into Sit and Go's and have been doing alright with them, making some deep runs. Yesterday I registered for a $3.50 + Rebuys event for the first time but it struck me that I didn't know any strategy about when to use a rebuy. Some players used it straight away, others re-bought as soon as they were busted, while others simply chose not to re-buy if they lost their chips.

Where can I find some knowledge about how to decide when or whether to rebuy in events like this?
  • 4 replies
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hey vaulsc,

We have a few videos on how to approach the $3.50R SNG's in our Video Section. Sadly they're Silver+ :(

Silver is super easy to get though, you can earn yourself a cheeky 10SP bonus for each day you earn 1SP, check it out at ===Get an Extra 10 StrategyPoints a Day ===

I personally always use the Rebuy straight away, the early stages are where the fish are, I want to have enough chips to cover any fish that I can get into a hand with!
    • vaulsc
      vaulsc
      Bronze
      Thanks. I was a silver user but reverted back to Bronze while I took a break from playing online. Will look this up after I renew the status.
    • Anssi
      Anssi
      Black
      Originally posted by ThatGuyMatt

I personally always use the Rebuy straight away, the early stages are where the fish are, I want to have enough chips to cover any fish that I can get into a hand with!
      Opening with rebuy pretty much goes against ICM though.
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Anssi
      Originally posted by ThatGuyMatt

Opening with rebuy pretty much goes against ICM though.
      :f_eek:

I didn't know this! Then again, I play SNG's only for fun.

I can see how it would be a made move in higher stakes, but at Micros where there are so many fish, do you think it's still a bad move?