Getting Good

• Biruitorul
      Biruitorul
      Basic
      I rediscovered my interest in this game after dominating a family table. I played very aggressively, bluffed, and got good cards. I understand that if I do this another day I could very easily lose a lot. Anyway, the sheer amount of info I see here is huge. Where shall I start and move to and what should I keep in mind to get good and consistently win.
  • 4 replies
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hey there Biruitorul,

Welcome to PokerStrategy!

Have you come here so you can continue to win your families cash in home games, or you want to take your game online and take the rest of the worlds cash? ;)

There's so much here, it can be daunting, but decided where to start is important, do you have a particular game you want to improve?

You say "Rediscovered", does this means you've played a lot before?

We do offer a Free Bankroll here too, you should check it out ;)

All the best in 2014!
    • Biruitorul
      Biruitorul
      Basic
      Originally posted by ThatGuyMatt
      Hey there Biruitorul,

Welcome to PokerStrategy!

Have you come here so you can continue to win your families cash in home games, or you want to take your game online and take the rest of the worlds cash? ;)

There's so much here, it can be daunting, but decided where to start is important, do you have a particular game you want to improve?

You say "Rediscovered", does this means you've played a lot before?

We do offer a Free Bankroll here too, you should check it out ;)

All the best in 2014!
      Option 2
      Improving at any sort of game sounds good. I'm guessing to start out at limit poker first?
      I fooled around on Zygna and the WSOP app before, but nothing too serious.
      Checking that out now.
    • Biruitorul
      Biruitorul
      Basic
      Also should that pre-flop hand pdf I downloaded be memorized?
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey biruitorul!

In my own opinion getting good at 1 thing is hard enough. Trying a lot of things is good but I think you really need to pick your main game if you want to excel in poker.

The starting hand chart are guidelines. It's a good way to start your poker career but as your game develops the more you'll deviate from that chart.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask them.

GL at the tables

RasTweet