This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl25 Jj

• caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J:heart: , J:spade:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1,00, 3 folds, SB calls $0,90, BB folds.

Flop: ($2,25) Q:club: , 7:club: , Q:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1,50, SB calls $1,50.

Turn: ($5,25) A:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($5,25) K:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $2,00, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $7,25

Ok... theres no doubt about the pre flop play.

Flop: Was my C-Bet ok?
      Turn: The board started getting more dangerous, so I figured I'd check and see the free river.
      River: Now the board is simply way too dangerous and I couldn't call his bet.

Should I have played it differently?
  • 4 replies
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      If your c-bet gets called the pot will be double your remaining tokens, so you must push anyway. So you can consider a push on the flop. It is unlikely villian holds a Q. If villian wants to chase you can make him pay for it.
      I would push flop.
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Cool, thanks for the reply.

I was wondering here. Let's change the situation a bit. Suppose he raised on the flop. How should I act then?

I was the pre-flop aggressor. His raise on the flop would show a lot of strength wouldnt it? Should I then fold?
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      On NL25 you cant give the chum credit for much. If he flat calls you and then lead bets into the PFA with top set he is chum. I would push all-in and make a note that he donks the flop oop. Many bad players see a paired drawy board and think that bluffing is a good option.
    • allizdoR
      allizdoR
      Bronze
      i am interessting in the stack size of the original hand.

you can go broke on the flop, but i didnt think this is a very nice play, its just simple ;)

bet Flop and push the Turn is also a possibility.
      The A is not the best card for you but he will often have small pockets with a :club: so you have to protect.
      Sometimes he has a Q, A or the Flush.