shefass

• shefass
      shefass
      Bronze
      Hello, I will join Course

Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?

a) I want to improve mentally. I am not using brain power :) in mine job, want to have hobby there I train brains.
      b) To have second income source (balance income to lower impact of crises, unemployment, traumas etc. ;) )
      c) To learn English normally, i have not there to use English in life, but English language gives freedom.

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?

a) Lack of concentration
      b) sheriff syndrome :) (from veriz coaching video)
      c) lack of session reviews, hands posting and etc. (its from past, i am returning player, now i barely play, just for status played, now learning, learning...)
      d)hard to concentrate or it's fades away fast
      e)lazy to do session reviews ... update it later, have a lot weaknesses:)

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?

1) Tight - mathematically profitable starting playing hands against the opponent (not sure about that, just first thought's)
      2) Aggressive - playing style, then you choose more bet/rise/re-raise then check/call

Why does it work? Tight preflop play for edge from cards selection , to make money from opponents mistakes playing aggressively pre/postflop.
  • 8 replies
    • legand73
      legand73
      Bronze
      Hey shefass

Welcome to the course.

For more information on each lesson please visit this page: Welcome to the No Limit Beginners Course Forums.

Bogdan our course coach will be by in the coming days to check your homework

all the best,
      Luke
    • shefass
      shefass
      Bronze
      Lesson 2,

Question 1: What do you think you could play differently than suggested in the BSS Starting Hands Chart and why?

Low pocket pairs in mid position not call or rise, because you often win preflop and have good playability post flop, plus not so easy opponents to put me on range.

All other hands I play accordingly your opponent. Example: From Co loose-passive player bets, you in button 3bet with JJ, TT, if co Rock just call . Very big difference in preflop play ads notes, if you have note that he bets utg A5s, you act accordingly. Chart's only for general line, you adapt for opponents.

Question 2: Do you have questions about your preflop play? Post your hand for evaluation.

Hand evaluation helped me alot in starting play from big brake

NL2 FR big pot, big stacks
      NL2 FR AKs preflop
      NL2 FR 99 pasive play
      NL2 FR 88 turn question
      NL2 FR KJs Blind batle
      nl2 fr 99 IP
      They are all fast evaluated, very good service and there are more hands

Question 3: What is the equity of AKo against the top 5% range? 5% means 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo.

Equilab says 46.32%, didnt know hou to calculate by hand, you need to calculate combos etc? didnt learn EV calculation in basic section, stooped on combos
    • shefass
      shefass
      Bronze

NL2 FR
      Not so good start of poker, allot of there to improve :)
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hello shefass,

Welcome to the course.

For more information on each lesson please visit this link: Welcome to the No Limit Beginners Course Forums

Good job with the first and second homework.

With the help of this course (and myself) and your hard work we should be able to overcome a lot of your weakness.

It looks like you lost about 400 big blinds which is just about 4 BIs. That's not a lot but definitely can de-motivate you. Poker is not an easy game and it has high variance. My suggestion is to keep working hard and playing (and studying).

Best of luck and keep us posted.

Bogdan
    • shefass
      shefass
      Bronze
      Lesson 3

Question 1: You are holding KQ. What is your preflop equity against an opponent who has 33? How does the equity change on this flop: J53?

preflop equity 48.75%, after flop 3.72%.

Question 2: What would you do in the following hand?

No Limit hold'em $2 (9-handed)

Players and stacks:
      UTG: $2.00
      UTG+1: $2.08
      MP1: $1.92
      MP2: $1.00
      MP3: $3.06
      CO: (Hero) $2.08
      BU: $2.00
      SB: $2.00
      BB: $1.24

Preflop: Hero is CO with AcJc
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, BU calls $0.08, SB folds, BB calls $0.06.

Flop:2c6d3d($0.25) 263 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($0.25) 5c (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.22, BU raises to $0.44, BB folds, Hero...?

We have flush draw, need to count odds to answer question can we call profitable.
      Pot 0.91, to Call 0.22, so 0.91/0.22 = 4.14, we have 4:1 odds with flush draw, so its profitable to just call and you gets some implied odds to because he is showing aggression, and calls some river bets.

Question 3: Do you have questions about your postflop play? Post your hand for evaluation.

posted some hands with equity and pot odds calculation
      NL5 6max limped pot, calculating implied odds
      NL5 6max trying to add ranges, calc equity
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi shefass

Good job with this homework.

It looks like weazel answered your hands but if you have any other questions please post them below.

Best of luck,

Bogdan
    • shefass
      shefass
      Bronze
      Lesson 4.

Question 1: Post a hand for evaluation in which you have the initiative postflop.

NL5FR Bet sizings

Question 2: Evaluate one of the hands submitted by other members.

Its hard to find hands not evaluated. 3 years ago then started, was waiting 4-6h or even 1day, now need to wait only 2-6min:) i will skip this,
      bad student :f_biggrin:

Question 3: You are on the flop with KQ. The board cards are J, 9, 8, and your opponent holds 77. What is your equity in this spot?

Equilab says 41.98%
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hey Shefass,

Don't worry about hands being evaluated by us already. You can always give your opinion without looking at our answers.

Good job with this homework as well.

Bogdan