I must not potato

• Mikus8
      Mikus8
      Gold
      One of my goals for 2014 is to reach NL400 heads up. And what better way to start off than by playing every day. This january I am pushing myself to play at least 2 hours of heads up every monday - friday and documenting my progress.

I actually started this on monday in case I wouldn't be able to play on 1st or 2nd and it is first week of this year.
  • 38 replies
    • Mikus8
      Mikus8
      Gold
      1st day 30. december

After 40 mins started checking watch
      After 1h 20mins started going into autopilot
      Total time 2h 11min
      Ran really good, profit 338.06$ rated my game 8/10
    • Mikus8
      Mikus8
      Gold
      2nd day 31. december

After 1 hour started going into autopilot and wanted to find some music to listen to which I did.
      Total time 1h 34min, not 2 hours because new year happened
      Ran really good but after 150$ profit on table I started to play tighter postflop and did not want to get in any big confrontations which I did anyway.
      [b]Profit 125,72$[/B] rating myself 7/10
    • Mikus8
      Mikus8
      Gold
      3rd day 1. jan

After 1h30min started looking for music to play
      After 2h was in autopilot but realised that and tried to take control
      Ran good, had to play 6 opponents because first five left after a little beating, 6th guy wasn't great and I really wanted to get breakeven against him so I battled extra 40 minutes.
      Time 2h 45min
      Profit 258,28$ rating - 1st hour 8/10 1h-2h 7/10, after 2h 6/10
    • Mikus8
      Mikus8
      Gold
      4th day 2.Jan

Started in the evening at 21:00, head hurt a little bit
      Played a pretty bad opponent who was just playing his cards and I had to lay down some nuts every 50 or so hands. After 1h 30 min started feeling tired and playing worse, this opponent left so I had to find new one. Also after 1h 30min I started listening some music and it distracted me so after 15 mins I turned that off.

Ran quite bad therefore it's harder to rate my game today but I give me a 7/10 for the first hour and 6 for the second hour.

[b]Time 1h55min[/B]
      Profit -120,83$
    • Jafreiteris
      Jafreiteris
      Bronze
      What level are you playing and what is your BRM rule? And how much is stop loss limit?
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Mikus8,

Welcome to the blogs. :)

I like the idea of monitoring your mindset ingame. If you recognise when you start to lose focus, you can just quit and save some money.

Happy Grinding

Laz
    • Mikus8
      Mikus8
      Gold
      I am currently playing NL50 with more than 50 buyins, I will start playing NL100 when I have about 100 buyins won in NL50.
      My stoploss is 4 buyins but i've never hit that and for this challenge I have no stoploss, 2 hours no matter what.

I am doing this to improve my discipline and heads up endurance, quitting won't do it.
    • Itsnevereasy
      Itsnevereasy
      Bronze
      Not a bad start to the year! What site(s) are you playing on?
    • Mikus8
      Mikus8
      Gold
      I play on stars.

Today I am feeling sick, that's probably because I have cold. So I had a hard time focusing from beginning, was not too happy about my play but I hang in there.

Time 1h47min
      Profit -83.05$

Rating myself 5/10 with a plus
    • Mikus8
      Mikus8
      Gold
      First week graph, just because you love graphs.

• Mikus8
      Mikus8
      Gold
      6th day

Time 1h55min
      Profit -40.83$

Was feeling very inspired to play today, but after 1h when I couldn't get anything done my autopilot started and overall I didn't like my play after 1h mark. When I got unstuck from a guy at the end of the session I felt very inspired to play again, can't wait tomorrow

Rating myself 7.2/10 first hour and 5.6/10 for the second
    • Mikus8
      Mikus8
      Gold
      7th day

Time 2h14min
      Profit -39.37$

I sucked today, woke up too late, was lazy for most of the day and in the evening I couldn't play my best because of that. On autopilot after 1h, was listening music and playing omaha hi/lo miniftops. 40$ is a small loss considering how bad my attitude was today.

Rating myself 4/10
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Ok, I give in.

I laugh everytime I see your thread title, It's just so random!

Does it mean anything?
    • Mikus8
      Mikus8
      Gold
      My brain came up with kinda random "I must potato" before two weeks.
      I had a hard time coming up with a thread title so I just took my brains idea and added "not" before potato, in case potato means something bad, which it could because there are couch potatoes you know...
    • Mikus8
      Mikus8
      Gold
      Had a very busy day and playing this evening is definitely -EV idea. Gonna pass this one and compensate by playing more tomorrow, friday or saturday
    • Mikus8
      Mikus8
      Gold
      8th day

Time 2h34min
      Profit -21.95$

Played miniftops until 3 at night yesterday and woke up at 1 o clock today, and wanted to just sleep. So I didn't get any other of my tasks for today done so I was pretty tilted because of that. Lost 2 buyins within first 6 hands vs a bad opponent who left soon after, so I battled one of the best players i've played, won some, then lost some and eventually left a small winner, found much worse opponent and battled for some time and when he left I was up 1 buyin.

Was listening music for almost all the time, was tilting heavily after 1h30min vs last opponent but my tilt faded away as soon as I realised I was tilting too much(after about 5 minutes)

Rating my play today 6/10. Rating my attitude today 3/10. I must do a lot more work if I want to succeed
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Mikus8
      My brain came up with kinda random "I must potato" before two weeks.
      I had a hard time coming up with a thread title so I just took my brains idea and added "not" before potato, in case potato means something bad, which it could because there are couch potatoes you know...
      Hah, at least there was some thought put into it :D

Look's like you're a red rooster potato atm, you need to change that!
    • Mikus8
      Mikus8
      Gold
      Day 9
      Oh boy what a day this was

Time 3h59min
      Profit -213,96$

Started off feeling great, playing great, got 4 sick coolers within first 100 hands, lost 4 buyins there, got hit and run about 6 times, found another opponent, won a hundo back. Got my 2 hours done there but later started another match because I really felt like playing today and got absolutely fucking destroyed by a huge fish. I just can't beat them. Playing a reg is fine, his play makes sense and I know how to adjust, but vs a fish I can't figure out a way to get him pay me, even worse when he has it every time.

Today was ridiculous but I think I did pretty well.

Rating myself 7/10
    • Mikus8
      Mikus8
      Gold
      Day 10

Time 2h07min
      Profit -289.82$

I don't know what to say, ran 66 and 99 into QQ preflop, had the 2nd best hand a lot a lot, and my opponents hit the perfect bluff card for me. Overall I think I played very good today, maybe the bad beats messed up my head a bit and I wanted to be a hero in sick spots where isildur would bluff but these guys just have it.
      After 1h30min started feeling tired and was pushing through last 30min. But I like heads up cash even more every day, I am going to work on my game today and tomorrow, maybe get some coaching later.

Anyway rating my game 7.5/10 today