Pokersmith: For on-the-go Poker Learning

• serkanterek
      serkanterek
      Basic
      Hi Everyone, and first of all, sorry for the shameless advertising.

I’m an app developer for iOS, and I’ve been playing online for many years now (nothing professional, but I know how to beat lower-stakes). Looking at the poker apps out there, I was pretty bummed to see that the tools I use to win Online did not get translated to Mobile poker. Actually, most “Mobile Poker” apps were largely nothing but games of Bingo, with no respect to the game or to any of the strategies discussed in these forums.

So we challenged ourselves: “Why don’t we make a mobile poker room focused on poker education and improving your game?”. Sure, unless you’re Pokerstars, you cannot release a real-money poker app on the Apple Store, but that potentially does not prevent you from playing real poker and getting better at the game.

Poker, in the end, is not about playing for money (unless you’re making a living out of it). It’s about playing for something you do not want to lose. If your aim is to improve your game, and spend time accumulating play chips, you can bring fold equity back into the game while playing for higher-stakes play money, making play money poker “Playable” again.

Pokersmith is a free iPhone app that will include some tools to make you better at the game. For starters, we’re going to incorporate a simple hand-tracking feature - Our own little Table Ninja. It will help you shape up your game, understand and improve your play style, and make better decisions overall.

Small tools that help you improve your game. That’s what Pokersmith is about. Mind you, the app is still in its infancy, and most of the “educational’ features are not totally built yet, but they are well on their way, and at this stage, we would value any input by the poker players community over anything else.

But for now, you can get the first version of Pokersmith. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did making it.

Visit the site, and check out our blog for the story of it all.

Also, feel free to post any comments to in this thread. No thought will be unappreciated, especially when it’s coming from the community that taught us how to play poker.

Good luck at the tables!

Serkan
      The Pokersmith Team
  • 1 reply
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, serkanterek,

I checked, and since you are not charging for this application, you may post it here.

I edited out the email address from the post, in order to comply with our forum principles.

WARNING: PokerStrategy.com does not bear any responsibility for this software in any way. Neither the applications, nor the website has been tested in any way. Members download and use the application entirely at their own risk

Best of luck,

--VS