This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Drawing hands NL50 Deep

• silent21
      silent21
      Global
      Okey guys i have some questions. I am at work atm and dont have the hands right now but i am eager to ask for this.

i am playing NL 50 and yesterday the following things happened to me four times:

just note that i always play deep tables [BI is doubled and NL50 BI is 100] and i always stay on the tables with max money or above.

1. after 4bb raise i called with 88 and the flop was 8s6s2x. guy 2/3 pot raised and i was afraid of losing to flush so i shoved[~185BB] - he called and showed AsQs and got flush on river and ofc i got broke.

2. after 3bet with KK i flopped top set but 2 cards where suited. i made pot bet and got raised and again because i was afraid of flush i shoved and again get called [guy got middle pair + flush draw] and ofcourse river flush came ...and broke again for 1 deep BI.

almost the same or somehow the same situations happened to me 2 more times, i have nuts on flop and shove just because afraid of flushes.

i do not call very big raises when drawing for flush or draw unless i got very big implied odds, and i would never call allins for about 150BB on a draws.

so my question is - are such calls shoves? also how should i play on such raises? reraise or just call and vs what type of players? i got ~26k hands on this limit on FTP and i data mine nonstop when i am not playing so i got very big number of hands statistics for most of the players on this limit

my opinion is think this is just a variance and should not get disappointed of this because my shoves were somehow justified and the calls were not
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Your shoves just looks like draws. Can´t really expect that player would go all-in 175bb, since he is afraiding flushdraw. That ś why also get called (or other option players liked to gamble with their draws).
      But since you got your money all-in with 67-33 lead then you should basically won both these all-in, just unlucky that opponent hit their flush on the river.
      My line how to play set ip on 2-way flush.
      NL 50
      Raise pot, call,fold, fold. Pot is now 7,75.
      Player leads 5$, I´d make it 15, when we´re deep 17-18.
      This way he can shove with his flushdraw, overpair or if he just calls then I can bet with probably any turn card and also try to get value in the river.
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      Hi, I play the same tables, nick 'Keruli'. What's your nick?

about those two hands: in the first one I think you get more value from a raise instead of a direct push.

With KK I think betting a bit under pot is better, as suited hands are less likely in a 3bet pot, just 2 suited cards doesn't make the flop very dangerous, especially when you have redraw and he only has 7 outs with FD, and even against FD I think betting a bit under pot is better.