Taking responsibility

• Icecaster

My name is Tim, I'm 29 years old and I have a wife and a babydaughter of nearly 2 years old. I live in the Netherlands. I used to play poker on FullTilt untill the site closed. I used to play NL50 Rush poker wich I liked very much at that time.

What are my goals for the next year?

I like to play 50NL ZOOM again. At the moment I use proper bankroll management, and now i'm at 5NL ( wich is depressing for me ) but I try to be patient, soon I'm at 10NL!!!

Why Am I making a blog?

I like to think I can play good poker, except that's not the case :) I try to take shots at 25NL and 50NL ( zoom ) but without a decent bankroll I keep falling. I have the habit of not ackknowledge my misstakes and hide from them. If I have a bad session, I don't evaluate, but simply pretend like it never happened.
      Now I like to open up, and if I have a bad session I will try to write down in this blog what happened. The purpose of this is to stop hiding and try to learn. Because once I write about my misstakes on the internet I don't think I can ignore them!

Things I like to change?

I want to lose weight, approximately 10 kg. I weigh now 87KG.

I will try to set weekly and monthly goals for this. I will not say, this week I want to lose 1 KG, but more like this week I stop eating Big Macs and eat home made meals. Changing habits is the key for me to lose weight.

I want to be better at poker!

For this I will also set weekly goals, goals on area's I should work on. So i won't play just quantity but more quality. The goals are also focused on combining theory with practice, so I'm forced to study.

With the purpose with these goals I try to live my life, and not the other way around. I don't want to be the same poker player next year, but start making improvements.
  • 3 replies
    • Icecaster
      This week goals ( untill monday ) I like to start easy :D

Lose weight

Bike 2 work 2 days
      Bring home made food to work 1 day

Post 2 hands for evaluation a day
      look up how to do a session review
    • TinoLaan
      Hey Tim,

Good to see another fellow Dutchman in here!

Good luck with everything! And make sure you also focus on that family of yours too, because that's the most important thing of all if you ask me :)

Keep us updated!

Kind regards,
    • Lazza61
      Hey Tim,

Welcome to the blogs. :) I have taken the liberty of moving this to the 'Poker Blogs'.

Nice first post. Black Friday slowed down the progress of a lot of people. If FTP hadn't shut down, you would probably be playing NL500. :tongue:

Will follow for sure