**living My Dream**

• Crokid
      Crokid
      Bronze
      Hi everyone, wish you all the best in NY!

I finally mustered the courage to write.
      I've been a PS member for a long time now,playing poker for the love of the
      game and for fun,learning a little here and there.

Last year was a year of change in many ways because first I made a decision to take my game on another level, change old habits,work hard and play poker for a living. I managed to make some progress,I jumped from NL25 to NL50 fast forward game on partypoker at the time and had been winning decently.

Then decided to play somewhere else to get better RB.
      Next step was to move to WH and I jumped in NL50 speed game where I was doing ok at the beginning(first 50k hands) and then I started to overadjust to the aggro game and was spewing all around with light 4B,5B and went broke with to many hands preflop.

My next move was to hire a coach and I did 10hrs of coaching which made me realize many mistakes and gave me some solid foundation.

At the same time summer was coming close and I already agreed few months before that I would take on a job at a local hotel for 6 months contract and go from there(I finished hotel management university in Rijeka) Since I had a degree in this area it was logical to put it in use and my parents were biggest fans of that idea.

The job was very demanding(time wise also) and I thought I could manage to play poker as well after work but failed at that.My days were wake up-chill for an hour-go to the hotel-come home-chill-go to sleep-wake up...

The job was a good experience and I liked the most part of it but ultimately I didn't like the idea of working my but of for someone else while making just a tiny piece of all the money I made for the boss.
      Only after I said I would not prolong my contract they tried to make me stay,offer me to choose some other departments and stuff like that,but I said NO,said my thanks and parted.

Poker was pushed a side and only in October when I was done with the job I could get back to my passion.In the summer my girlfriend moved in with me and my parents and that was a huge thing cause we had a distant relationship for 2 years before that.We were 350 km away from each other.

My parents knew I was playing poker and disagreed with it. It was silent and negative atmosphere around the word "poker". I tried to explain few times what poker was about but they have their own opinions and prejudices about the game and it is hard or impossible almost to embrace a new idea about something that was pure evil in their eyes.

At this time around October I made a decision to move from my parents house so I could be "free" from their judgements and I wanted to act in my way and live under my own rules.I wanted to take poker more serious and they were against the idea so time came to make some changes in my life.

My girl supported me and we both wanted to move so that we can take care of each other,become independent and see how it goes when we are alone and have to do everything on our own.

November 11. we moved to a flat in Rijeka,capital of a region and we love every moment of it.

I grinded last two months like never before putting in volume of cca. 120 k hands for Nov. and 140 k for Dec. on NL 50 speed tables.

All of that in an effort of making as much as possible RB and trying to win at the tables as well. It didn't work from the beginning as I hoped but it will not put me off my course. I have been running little bad and so many setups made me crazy some times and was so hard to grind a lot while having to deal with all that emotions,pressure to make money for rent and life costs which now grew.

I realized I put myself under too much pressure and variance played it's part and showed me that I have to have better BR rules.

To change some bad habits I will start with little things,step by step and work my way up.

Enough for now,have to take a break from writing:)
      Will write in next post more about my goals and my schedule.

Marin
  • 16 replies
    • Shuttled
      Shuttled
      Bronze
      Nice story mate! Will definately follow your blog
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Crokid,

What a brilliant 1st post. I was disappointed to see it come to an end. So looking forward to your next post.

Happy Grinding

Laz
    • wlcKeD
      wlcKeD
      Bronze
      Following ! :f_thumbsup:

Keep updating ! :evil: :D
    • Crokid
      Crokid
      Bronze
      As mister wlckeD ordered,the update is here :)

Writing is a new thing for me and it doesn't come easy for me atm.
      Last night was talking to a friend of mine who became a web designer almost by accident. He thought it would be second job just to get some extra money on the side and now after 1 year he made some serious progress and a lot of money. He worked his but off and in his words: " success comes only after hard work,not talent". He has proven it. He likes to say that there are so many more talented designers than him but his advantage is outworking and thinking out of the box,knowing what the trends are and what the customer wants and providing the best possible product. With almost no education in that field his success is almost unbelievable in such a short period of time.

I promised him I would write an update today and post few hands,to start doing the things that will help my progress and slowly incorporate new habits.

As we all know pretty much every success has a similar path and it all comes down to strong determination and being almost crazy passionate about the subject.

I love poker,somehow through the years of college I never really saw myself being a company man,working 9-5. The only thing that was constant while working few different jobs,mostly in the summer while on college, was poker. That was my only passion along side football. And so I started dreaming to become a pro poker player one day.

My biggest problem was that I avoided the things I didn't like to do all my life. If I didn't like the subject in school and later college I wouldn't care about it at all and learn just enough to get through.
      In poker when I started learning I was the same,watching and reading only the stuff I liked,and some math stuff which I hated I avoided.

Now when I took a huge risk and told my parents and friends that I want to give a shot at poker I just can not avoid "boring" learning materials or posting hands. From today I want to make small steps forward and make it stick for 30 days and hopefully after that it will become easy and a routine.

Last 2 months I played around 250k hands and that is by far the biggest volume I played in 2 months period. I became a better grinder for sure but didn't become so much better player. I took the wrong approach and now I can not ignore the truth any more. And that truth is I SUCK!! I've been playing NL50 speed for months now and couldn't beat the game, lying myself that it was due to variance. I mean I know a bit more about variance now after so many hands but the truth is I wasn't working enough off the tables and the regs are better than me. In this game there are mostly regs and few fish so it is pretty hard to win if running bad for some time like I was. When I was playing on Party before,so much fish made the difference and I could be a winner constantly. Especially when table selecting. Transition to ipoker because of great RB and playing speed format with few fish made the difference in my results. Biggest mistake is probably playing too many tables and overwhelming my brain with so many decisions,not taking notes and many times autopiloting.

I have made some progress lately,writing notes and thinking more about every spot,took out the "fancy" plays and added a bit aggression which made my redline not sink straight down.

Will not put so much pressure on myself now and instead work a little harder every day and improve spot after spot and take small steps.
      I opened a door for improvement and learned a lot from my mistakes.

Next step is go to HM2 and find some hands I had trouble with and post them on forum and put links here so you guys can give your opinions as well if you want.

Marin
    • pitabread189
      pitabread189
      Bronze
      Good story, you can do it!
    • wlcKeD
      wlcKeD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Crokid
      :f_biggrin: :f_thumbsup:

thinking out of the box <...> with almost no education in that field his success is almost unbelievable
      I'd say that is exactly what TALENT is ... :rolleyes:

From today I want to make small steps forward and make it stick for 30 days and hopefully after that it will become easy and a routine.
      I don't think that after such small amount of time it will become easy, but I'd say you're definitely on the right track ! [b]Keeeeep Moving Forward ![/b] :D :f_biggrin:

I became a better grinder for sure but didn't become so much better player. I took the wrong approach and now I can not ignore the truth any more. And that truth is I SUCK!! I've been playing NL50 speed for months now and couldn't beat the game, lying myself that it was due to variance.
      Maaaaaaybe try to focus more on the quality, not the quantity ? :rolleyes: well at least this is what I AM doing right now :D Look for obvious leaks in your fundamentals ? ... :rolleyes: And after you spot and correct at least some of them, JUST THEN try to increase quantity/volume again ... Or at least what I'd suggest, but I'm far from pro, so ... :D Don't take my words for granted, cause the purpose was just to give you some thoughts, make doubt things, which often eventually leads to good changes I might say :)

In this game there are mostly regs and few fish so it is pretty hard to win if running bad for some time like I was.
      Sorry, but I have to disagree with you here ... Well at least at NL2-NL50 ZOOM there are MORE than plenty of fish :f_cool:

Biggest mistake is probably playing too many tables and overwhelming my brain with so many decisions,not taking notes and many times autopiloting.
      Oh, here as I read and insta-making comments, I see you yourself arrived to this conclusion :f_biggrin:

Will not put so much pressure on myself now and instead work a little harder every day and improve spot after spot and take small steps.
      :f_thumbsup:

Good luck ! And as said before - I'm following ! :f_cool:
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      i heard ipoker is pretty reg infested, it might well be possible that it's more reggy than zoom. but yeah, zoom def has its fair share of fish :f_biggrin:

also sick life story, hope it goes well so it can give me more inspiration to stop being lazy :D
    • Crokid
      Crokid
      Bronze
      [quote]Originally posted by wlcKeD
      Originally posted by Crokid
      :f_biggrin: :f_thumbsup:

thinking out of the box <...> with almost no education in that field his success is almost unbelievable
      I'd say that is exactly what TALENT is ... :rolleyes:

From today I want to make small steps forward and make it stick for 30 days and hopefully after that it will become easy and a routine.
      I don't think that after such small amount of time it will become easy, but I'd say you're definitely on the right track ! [b]Keeeeep Moving Forward ![/b] :D :f_biggrin:

I became a better grinder for sure but didn't become so much better player. I took the wrong approach and now I can not ignore the truth any more. And that truth is I SUCK!! I've been playing NL50 speed for months now and couldn't beat the game, lying myself that it was due to variance.
      Maaaaaaybe try to focus more on the quality, not the quantity ? :rolleyes: well at least this is what I AM doing right now :D Look for obvious leaks in your fundamentals ? ... :rolleyes: And after you spot and correct at least some of them, JUST THEN try to increase quantity/volume again ... Or at least what I'd suggest, but I'm far from pro, so ... :D Don't take my words for granted, cause the purpose was just to give you some thoughts, make doubt things, which often eventually leads to good changes I might say :)

In this game there are mostly regs and few fish so it is pretty hard to win if running bad for some time like I was.
      Sorry, but I have to disagree with you here ... Well at least at NL2-NL50 ZOOM there are MORE than plenty of fish :f_cool:

Zoom is a bit different,softer cause it has bigger player pool with more recreational players than ipoker. Nl20 speed has so much more fish than NL50 speed and most times 2 times more players.

Biggest mistake is probably playing too many tables and overwhelming my brain with so many decisions,not taking notes and many times autopiloting.
      Oh, here as I read and insta-making comments, I see you yourself arrived to this conclusion :f_biggrin:

:f_thumbsup:

Good luck ! And as said before - I'm following ! :f_cool: [/quote]Thanks man,really appreciate it!

Zoom is a bit different,softer cause it has bigger player pool with more recreational players than ipoker. Nl20 speed has so much more fish than NL50 speed and most times 2 times more players.
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      GL from ZG!

Playing NL50 blaze (quickfold) sometimes at microgaming (only after 9pm there are enough players to run) :) before 9pm I play regular NL50 tables with tendency to move up, so I will definitely follow your blog.

Pozz
    • Crokid
      Crokid
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tomaloc
      i heard ipoker is pretty reg infested, it might well be possible that it's more reggy than zoom. but yeah, zoom def has its fair share of fish :f_biggrin:

also sick life story, hope it goes well so it can give me more inspiration to stop being lazy :D

It is reg infested at NL50 but overall they are not so good,just when I started to play them a bit better and have some idea what to do I didn't get along so much with the cards and boards,specially rivers :)
      So with not having big enough BR due to withdrawals for life expenses and loses stepped down and now will try to rebuild my BR and confidence for another shot hopefully soon.
    • Crokid
      Crokid
      Bronze
      Originally posted by FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      GL from ZG!

Playing NL50 blaze (quickfold) sometimes at microgaming (only after 9pm there are enough players to run) :) before 9pm I play regular NL50 tables with tendency to move up, so I will definitely follow your blog.

Pozz
      Thanks for the support buddy

GL at the tables
    • Crokid
      Crokid
      Bronze
      So been playing NL20 euro tables now for the past few days and have some hands that might be interesting.

http://weaktight.com/6401973

With this reg I already have some dinamics,we have been pretty aggro with each other few times before.

OTT I went for a c/r cause he might bluff some times and have some pairs like 88,77,66,55 and 9x in his range which I think all of them he bet/calls

I think he doesn't give me credit for Jx cause I haven't led the T

OTR flush comes in and I think he can not have any flush because he didn't bet F, which I believe he would do with all his FD

His raise doesnt make much sense,he reps nothing here on this at the first glance scare looking Ace of clubs

http://weaktight.com/6402030

Villain after too small sample of 25 hands looks like aggro kind of player with no history between us, his stats 25/21/18.2

Preflop many players sqz cause it is a good spot to do it.
      I 4B this time,but I think it is not good without a bigger sample of sqz tendencies.

OTF I did not bet cause I decided to give at first without any equity.

but OTT when the board paired my plan changed and
      I thought in game to be perceived like AdAx,AdQx, AdKx, QdQx, JdJx.. I could still have a bunch of hands which he can not have and I might be slowplaying the nuts and still can have KK,99 (he doesnt know if I would bet those) many players would but he can not be sure

I elected to float and if he bets smaller on non diamond rivers I could potentially shove. He might be bluffing T and R cause I checked the F and I would have to fold to R bet all of my bluff catchers except AdKx,or am I wrong?

Anyway what do you think about this crazy hand?
      What range do you put villain on?
      I think this is the craziest hand I ever played,or up there for sure.
    • Crokid
      Crokid
      Bronze
      I was thinking about starting a new blog but why not continue on something that was started but executed on the first time of trying.

I am back and this time with a coach who will be as he said my big brother in a way and someone who will point all my leaks at me so I can start making changes in my game for better and gradually improving my game.

The thing is when I started this blog at the beginning of the year I was not prepared for all that poker can throw at you. One must really be prepared for all scenarios and I wasn't completely. I had wrong approach with too much grinding and not working on my game away from the tables, at least not enough..
      All the bad things in my game couldn't and can not just disappear by them self. I did analyse a lot of spots with my poker buddy and we have done a lot of work on almost daily basis,but it is not enough. I keep avoiding doing things on my own and that is my n.1 habit/leak/fear I need to work on and confront it.

This time around I have completely different expectations and a lot of work on my mind instead of merely grinding.

Looking forward to learning and evolving in poker with my new coach(BsB)!

In the next post I will write more on plans and short term as well as long term goals.
    • Shuttled
      Shuttled
      Bronze
      amazing! Good lucky buddy on giving it another try and this time with an amazing coach :f_biggrin:
    • kenthmp
      kenthmp
      Bronze
      Good luck.
      What games/limits will you be playing?
    • Crokid
      Crokid
      Bronze
      Thank you for kind words bro.

As for games I will be playing it is gonna be NL20 speed poker and getting back at NL50 is a short term goal. 6max NL hold'em only.

My first goal is to work of the tables at least 1h everyday since I already do some work with my poker buddy via Teamviewer and skype for more than an hour practically every day.

Second is playing min. 3k hands per day until my dear goes to visit her parents which is going to be from around 15.10-15.11.2014 When she leaves I plan on hitting the tables pretty hard with one day per week off.

During that period when I am alone at home will concentrate on giving my all to poker and between sessions and "homework" I will relax with friends.