This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 98o on NL5 SH

• Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze
      Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.04 BB (4 handed) - Party-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($2.14)
      Hero (BB) ($8.46)
      UTG ($9.70)
      Button ($1.84)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8, 9
      Hero calls $0.04, Button raises $0.11, SB calls $0.09, UTG calls $0.07, Hero calls $0.07

Flop: ($0.44) 2, 8, 5 (4 players)
      SB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, Button bets $0.15, 1 fold, UTG calls $0.15, Hero calls $0.15

Turn: ($0.89) 2 (3 players)
      UTG checks, Hero checks, Button checks

River: ($0.89) 3 (3 players)
      UTG bets $0.42, Hero folds, 1 fold

Total pot: $0.89
  • 9 replies
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      If you are going to play these hands oop you cant expect him to check it down and let you win the pot.

bet the flop 2/3 to see if your tp is good, if he calls he prob is on a draw.

dont be scared everytime the board pairs 2s since not many ppl play 2 pf.
      bet the turn 2/3

block bet river in this case when the h comes.
    • Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze
      Yeah, thank you. Though I don't like bet to see where are you at concept :-) I was check-calling to let him cbet and I really didin't need that information because I was 90% sure that I was beat by UTG hand on the river, and button ws left to act... It's too scary to bet turn for protection with low TPLK, I'd be check-raising his small turn bet, check-calling his 1/2-2/3 bet on the turn if UTG folded and folding to anything stronger. The river is easy fold for me. Again about the turn, bet-folding would be best I think without UTG in the pot, in this particular situation I'd just get reraised in this situation by UTG on the turn considering the information about his hand I got on the river.
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      fold pre-flop
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      If you arent going to play this aggresively with TP, I see no point in playing this hand oop pf since you will hit straight too few times for it to be profitable.
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      fold preflop . this kind of hands dont have any value out of position without initiative .
      i think the hand is bad converted . you have to act before utg if you are bb .
      on river you can fire a block bet if you feel villains call with a worst range ( a high smaller pairs ) or you can turn your hand into a bluff catcher and check call if they are agressive and likely to bluff river if missed
      gl
    • Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze
      Well I have played 23k hands on NL5 and 98o is profitable for me from any position(only +1.14) from UTG as my pokeroffice shows me, so I am not folding this preflop, I am trying to play it best postflop. Although hitting a pair on the flop with this hand is definitely -EV for me.
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      23 k isnt a big amount and i assure you that is -ev to play this hand oop without initiative
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by srohack
      hi
      23 k isnt a big amount and i assure you that is -ev to play this hand oop without initiative
      By initiative you mean raising pf? Or postflop? (Im guessing both)
      thnx
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      you have initiative when you are the aggressor
      if you raise preflop and you get called you are the one with initiative and the one likely to cbet .
      if you call you are the passive one and the raiser vice versa.
      if you raise and got reraised and you just call you lose initiative
      hope you understood
      gl