[NL2-NL10] KQs on NL5 SH

• Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze
      Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.04 BB (4 handed) - Party-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($2.69)
      Hero (BB) ($8.67)
      UTG ($2.96)
      Button ($7.47)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, Q
      SB calls $0.04, Button raises $0.16, Hero calls $0.14, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.40) 2, Q, 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20

Turn: ($0.80) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button bets $0.52, Hero folds

Total pot: $0.80
  • 4 replies
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      I would lead or check/raise flop to see where im at.
      Your call on the flop just invites his turn bet.
      If hes very aggro you might want to c/c flop and lead turn to protect against draws. Maybe block-bet river if ui.
      If he has a 2 make a note on him and milk him with a better hand than TP later on.
    • Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze
      TheBrood thank you for your comments, I appreciate it. Every of these hands I was shows opponent's cards when I folded so I decided to post them and see what happens and what betting sizes people advise. Actually, you would loose big in all these 5 hands which I posted today and you made comments on, I was just wondering about betting sizes, didn't think people give me 5 wrong advises for 5 hands, but thanks anyway, maybe it's just variance :-) I am just bad at betting sizes I think.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      My post is based on an unknown NL4 player, I use Elephant and Im cautious until I have some stats on someone.
      You prob folded because you have seen him play some hands, he might be very tight or something. But against an average player unknown you just cannot fold here.
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      its not bad calling kqs in a hu situation bb vs button but i sugest you to wait until you get a little more experienced . a fold is not bad either
      as played there is no reason to check / raise on this flop
      you should check call flop and turn and reevaluate river but if he fires again there probably he has you .
      gl