Inspecting River Graphs

• MasochisticDesire
      MasochisticDesire
      Bronze
      Hi all,
      Iv got a few questions regarding River winnings/losses given certain actions that I would really appreciate your expertise with.

The following data is after a 60k hand sample, the vast majority of which was played a 6max NL5 ZOOM!
      It encompases all positions.

So my overall River 'Saw Showdown' is positive: All-In Adj = 277/100

(nice to run good too ;) )

My P/L after making 'any River Bet' is also positive: All-In Adj = 1322/100

My P/L after 'Checking the River' is negative: All-In Adj = -247/100
      This is to be expected as I guess a positive graph with this filter would suggest I am not value betting enough. However, if any of you do see anything wrong please let me know.

The biggest questionmark I have is concerning my losses when having made 'Any River Call:'
      All-In Adj = -584/100

Should this stat be negative?
      evidently I need to go to SD enough to not be an easy bluff target but am I supposed find a balance that leaves my 'River Call%' in profit?
      Are there any obvious irregularities in any of these graphs I have not spotted?

Any feedback is much appreciated,
      MD
  • 5 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      This is to be expected ...
      as I guess a positive graph with this filter would suggest I am not value betting enough.
      I think the first part is right.
      I'm not sure about the second part.

Does PT4 have a "river call efficiency" stat -- or its equivalent?

If so, what is yours?

--VS
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      The reason river calls should be negative is that you are never getting 1:1 on a call.

For example, if someone bets 1/2 pot on the river, you only need to win 25% of the time you call for your call to be breakeven. This means you can call and lose as much as 75% of the time and still breakeven, though PT4 will show a losing graph.

More relevant is the River Call Efficiency stat Vorpal mentioned. However, its not included in Pokertracker 4. You've gotta download it from pokertracker's site. One of the creators made it here:
      https://www.pokertracker.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=34237&p=169730
    • MasochisticDesire
      MasochisticDesire
      Bronze
      Thankyou both very much for your comments and time.

Thanks for the link metza, in trying to import that to PT4 it notified me that it already exists.

My 'Call River Efficiency' is 1.83 .........
      what does this mean?

Ratio of 1.83:1 = 65% ?

Thanks again guys,
      MD
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MasochisticDesire
      Thankyou both very much for your comments and time.

Thanks for the link metza, in trying to import that to PT4 it notified me that it already exists.

My 'Call River Efficiency' is 1.83 .........
      what does this mean?

Ratio of 1.83:1 = 65% ?

Thanks again guys,
      MD
      It means that for every $1 you call on the river you're averagely getting $1.83 back.
    • MasochisticDesire
      MasochisticDesire
      Bronze
      That makes sense, thanks again.