10 man sng or Don

• Noname81
      Noname81
      Gold
      Hi there.
      I having be studying the material on sng games. After playing a few Im beginning to wonder if I should start play double or nothing games first. IS there a comprehensive guide for DoN games like the sng one provided on this site.
  • 7 replies
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hey Noname81,

As far as I know we don't have a huge collection for DoN's/Fifty50's, although you can adapt most of the SnG Articles we have here to them.

I searched "don" in our Video database and it comes up with a couple of videos that would be helpful for you, sadly their all Silver/Gold.

I did however find a video you can watch on Fifty50's which is a similar game and may help you out. > Link to Video <

As for your status not being high enough to watch to content I found, silver is surprisingly easy to achieve. For each day you earn just 1SP, we will give you a bonus 10SP's, check out the promotion here

If you need any other help, feel free to give us a shout!
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Hey NoName81,

DoN Sit and Goes are generally seen as unbeatable with their rake structure and therefore not really popular. This is why you will find we have little content for this game type.

Best regards,
      Gary
    • Noname81
      Noname81
      Gold
      ok thanks
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Bronze
      Hmm, I'd say Fifty50s are quite different from DoNs in terms of strategy (are much looser), as the latter have the 20/20/20/20/20 prize structure, while for the former, it's equivalent to 60/10/10/10/10 for ICM calculation purposes.

DoNs are OK for amassing player points fast if needed for a VIP level (but not for everyday grind imo), especially because they end faster than normal turbos. Therefore DoNs are utter regfests where people profit from occasional fish playing too loose early, strive to preserve chips and have to be ultratight on the bubble unless they're leading in chips. All in all, DoNs are :f_zZz: I've hardly played them and will do so very seldom if ever.

If you still want to study them, I think you'll be reasonably fine after just honing the ICM intuition with the help of Pokerstrategy ICM Trainer (free) and Holdemresources Calculator (commercial, with a 14-day free trial), and of course learning to tell fish from regs to be able to exploit the former when they DoNate stacks.
    • Noname81
      Noname81
      Gold
      Im wondering what the the best game to play as a new poker player. Im a very systematic and am trying to find the best game to play were I can simply follow a system until my skill because better. Then I can begin to deviate from that system to suit my style of play. At first I thought It was Sng but know I am beginning to think maybe I should start in cash games.
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Gold
      Every format has its pros and cons,
      Cash games are mist certainly great format to play because you will find action at all levela and there is endless room for becoming better and better as a player. Moreover, cash games are attractive bcs you can customize your sessions to suit your needs. (You can start- stop- take a break whenever you want). Finally, cash games are attractive in terms of potential winnings prerakeback.
      These were just few brief thoughts, hope it helps!
      Cheers!
    • Noname81
      Noname81
      Gold
      Ya it does

I have drop the sng and stared focusing on cash games. SnG have a whole lot of room for error I found.