[NL5 and up] Eat, Sleep, Play poker

• ilioas
      ilioas
      Bronze
      Hello community

I am currently playing 6max NL10-25 on random rooms.
      My success cant be determined in numbers rather in my growth.
      Since the beginning I see many things I have improved through
      * strategy articles
      * videos
      * hand posting
      * coaching
      * books
      * private blogs
      * members

I have tried to succeed since 2008 but the real beginning is 2012 when I had a private coaching with Bierbaer. [THANK YOU].
      Since then I realized that poker is a dynamic game. After that through posting hands and watching videos I realized that you play with ranges.
      After some more hand posting and book reading I learned to actually use hand reading. Then w34z3l helped me to regroup all my knowledge.

So here I am today breaking NL10/25 and looking forward to grow.
  • 42 replies
    • bogstratos
      bogstratos
      Bronze
      Hello ilioas!

I see you gave thanks to some people that helped you out along the way, so I'm thanking you too here for giving me advice with my game. You're a great guy and I hope you'll do your best in poker as well as in keeping your blog updated!

Good luck! :f_thumbsup:
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Welcome to the blogging section ilioas :)

Seems like that one coaching had quite the effect on your game, do you continue to get coachings from him or was it just the one time?

I hope to see some interesting posts in the future :]
    • ilioas
      ilioas
      Bronze
      What a great day (yesterday)!
      I got fired (they reduced number of employees due to lack of finances).

Feels like a big relief because otherwise I would not know how to give an excuce of me leaving because of poker.

Basically that means more studying, more playing, more income (hopefuly).

Originally posted by ThatGuyMatt
      Welcome to the blogging section ilioas :)

Seems like that one coaching had quite the effect on your game, do you continue to get coachings from him or was it just the one time?

I hope to see some interesting posts in the future :]
      Thanks.

Coaching with Bierbaer was fairly advanced (at that point I thought so because I had no clue about ranges/ polarization, bluff/value ratio).

Session with w34z3l was different because that was more like going through my play and plugging some leaks.

both were useful.

Currently I am planning to continue with w34z3l.
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ilioas
      Coaching with Bierbaer was fairly advanced (at that point I thought so because I had no clue about ranges/ polarization, bluff/value ratio).
      Sounds very similar to myself, I rarely put ranges when playing online and when I do it's only when I have a tough decision to make.

How did the coaching work? Did you run through a session, go through some of your hands or ?

How many did you have?
    • ilioas
      ilioas
      Bronze
      I hope i do have some followers already. If anyone could suggest fast and easy way of hosting pictures then I could post graphs too.

Today was a very pleasant day by increasing my bankroll by 200$.@nl25
      Key point was having a good hud.
      Yesterday I played with pokertracker 4 basic hud with few mods like openraise % from each position and ftcb and it was a disaster. -140$.

Originally posted by ThatGuyMatt
      Sounds very similar to myself, I rarely put ranges when playing online and when I do it's only when I have a tough decision to make.

How did the coaching work? Did you run through a session, go through some of your hands or ?

How many did you have?
      Good question. That was about a year ago. But as far as i remember I had 5 session package and we covered 3bet range construction and uow to cut postflop spews. The 3bet range theory was at that point quite new wit all the polarisation and value+bluff mix. That was a big eye opener to being a successful player.
      The postflop spews basically included not calling off light when facing raises and check raises unless you have a reason.
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      [x] following

What kind of changes did you make to your hud? Its something I've been playing with lately adding stats like fold to donk, ft c/r etc. But kind of curious to see what others are doing
    • ilioas
      ilioas
      Bronze
      Originally posted by holmeboy
      [x] following

What kind of changes did you make to your hud? Its something I've been playing with lately adding stats like fold to donk, ft c/r etc. But kind of curious to see what others are doing
      Thanks.

I guess I am not allowed to say how exactly it looks as it was not designed by me but I can say what I find useful.
      Preflop it is good to know what tendencies limpers have.
      Regards 3bets you may find use of 3bet frequency vs co and btn.
      Postflop cbet flop turn and fold to cbet flop and turn is essential together with agression factor.
      Although wtsd is important when choosing weather to bluff or to value bet the villain.
      I might note few more in some future posts.

Hope you can find this useful.
    • bogstratos
      bogstratos
      Bronze
      Sad (glad?) to hear you got laid off, I hope you can now turn your full attention to poker and work hard to get where you want. Good luck!
    • ilioas
      ilioas
      Bronze
      Pokerwise:
      Seems that I will reach again platinum level in closest days. 1890/2500
      I do not have a strict routine but I try to go over hands or watch some video in the morning and then play 2 sessions during the day.
      Past 2 days have been quite successful.

Hope this continues for some while.
      I might shoot NL50 soon.

Familywise:
      Looks like I may have another kid in closest days.
      That means no poker for few days.
    • ilioas
      ilioas
      Bronze
      Did not lie about the kid- it only looked like it. Still waiting for it.

I have reached a PLATINUM for the first time two month in a row!
      Can someone suggest what to do with it rather than download all available content so I can read later when i will be gold?

My old job had some interest in finishing one project because they can`t find another worker in my area. That means less poker for the rest of the month.

Yesterday was funny when a fish shoved preflop 84o vs my c/o open for ~130bb. I had JJ thought for while and hell yeah. Won it.

Another one shoved vs my AA and flop came 4 diamonds ofc I did not have one. But he had KQ clubs.
    • ilioas
      ilioas
      Bronze
      Yesterday had a nice session and now

BR @ ~1000$

Now have to make some shooting money for NL50
    • ilioas
      ilioas
      Bronze
      Had to stop playing for some while.

Today I became a father of a beautiful GIRL baby.
    • nmilan84
      nmilan84
      Silver
      [quote]Originally posted by ilioas

Today I became a father of a beautiful GIRL baby.[/quote]

Congrats, celebrate it big time, and than come back and crush NL50 with a single shot :s_cool:
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze

Today I became a father of a beautiful GIRL baby.
      Did you seriously stop playing because of that, not so degen after all.. ;)

Kidding, congratz on the baby girl! :)
    • bogstratos
      bogstratos
      Bronze
      Nice to hear that everything went fine with your wife and new born girl, congrats! Good luck, take care of the baby and come back crushing! :s_love:
    • pitabread189
      pitabread189
      Bronze
      Congrats on the baby!
    • ilioas
      ilioas
      Bronze
      Thank you everyone.
      Baby is great - eats a lot and sleeps a lot. Perfect newborn.

With all the things buzzing around I actually have not been able to play any poker for the second hald of the january.
      The good thing is that I have made ~400$ during that first half and managed to hit platinum here on Pokerstrategy (first time for 2 month in a row).

Poker plans:
      * study my ranges in various situations and make sure I do have some bluff moves besides my value moves.
      * post some hands online
      * watch videos with intention to understand NL50/NL100
      * play NL25
      * hit platinum again
      * open a coaching thread
    • ilioas
      ilioas
      Bronze
      * study my ranges in various situations and make sure I do have some bluff moves besides my value moves.

Andrew (BalugaWhale) Seidman - Easy Game Volume I
      Andrew (BalugaWhale) Seidman - Easy Game Volume II
      Andrew (BalugaWhale) Seidman - Easy Game Volume III

Got them all and will browse through to improve my understanding of the game.
    • ilioas
      ilioas
      Bronze
      I have to think of some other posting frequency, otherwise I have a feeling my blog is a waste of time.

Currently I am 1610/2500 points away from platinum again this month.
      so 890 to go. With 400 points a day it should not be long.

I have to stop doing evening sessions with a kid jumping on my keyboard.
      -5bi last night.

Does someone know when PS will stop giving points from partypoker?
      And where to move next?